Vice President of Sales
Company: DuraTech Industries, Inc
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: November 16, 2022
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for leading their
sales team to meet and exceed sales goals and for aligning sales
objectives with business strategic goals. This position provides
leadership, direction, and resources to the sales, marketing and
customer support teams.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champions teamwork, innovation and process improvement
throughout the department and provides the team with appropriate
leadership, mentoring, guidance, and advocacy to ensure its
- Collaborates with the other members of Senior Leadership to
determine and develop the policies and goals in accordance with the
direction of the organization.
- Reviews and approves plans for capital investments and resource
- Ensures that all corporate activities and operations are
carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
and laws governing business operations.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization's vision
, mission , and overall direction.
- Formulates and implements the strategic plan that guides the
direction of the business. Responsible for budget development and
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal
competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers,
markets, new industry developments and standards, and so
- Prepares and delivers presentations and reports to the
President, Senior Leadership and owners.
- Participates in human resource functions within the company
including but not limited to selection, training, development and
performance review of team members, making recommendations for
promotions, transfers, discipline and salary increases.
- Develops and implements sales strategies to achieve sales
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports;
uses data to project sales, determines profitability and targets,
and identifies potential new markets.
- Aligns the sales organization's objectives with firm business
strategy through active participation in corporate strategic
planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource
planning, and budgeting.
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner with sales
representatives on issues related to the quoting process and
resulting status, future quotes, customer relations, and all other
concerns related to the sales process. Coordinates with other
departments within DuraTech as needed.
- Plans and conducts sales meetings/calls to gather sales updates
and account activities and to inform sales representatives of
production capacity and plans.
- Assists Sales team members in determining monthly sales
projections and action plans to achieve those projections. Monitors
their progress and meets with them regularly to assess their
- Facilitates meetings with the VP of Manufacturing to discuss
design and tooling issues including tool design, methods for
building tool, best manufacturing processes, production schedules
and other job details.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with customers to
ensure satisfaction. Tours current and prospective customer sites
and builds relationships to grow business. Travels to trade
- Establishes and maintains cost effective relationships with
outside sales representative firms. Negotiates commission rates,
payment schedules, and sales territory. Ensures that each
representative has a clear understanding of the technical process
for product development and offerings in order to better
communicate with customers.
- Works with Marketing to create advertising plans, sponsorships,
and promotions to build DuraTech's image in the industry. Oversees
research and development of potential customers, analysis of market
research to determine potential customer needs and evaluation of
product and service marketability to customers. Reviews their
effectiveness.Customer Support and Process Planning
- Oversees the coordination and activities of Customer Service
and Process Planning Teams. Ensures that the teams operate in a
fair and ethical fashion with all customers, suppliers and vendors
and within the vision, values, and strategic operating plan of the
- Researches new types of technology geared toward improving
products and services offered.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends in industry and
technology in order to serve as an informational resource for team
leaders. Attends seminars, workshops, conferences, and other
educational events to get new ideas and improve operations.
Occasional out-of-town travel.
- Participates as an active member of the Senior Leadership
- Represents DuraTech at trade events and other various business
- Performs other duties as assigned. Position Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or
related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' of successful sales experience
within a manufacturing environment, preferable within the screen
- Minimum five (5) years' of sales management experience in a
business-to-business sales environmentKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIES TO PERFORM JOB
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Excellent planning and delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building and leadership skills
for interacting positively with management, team members, customers
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Effective training skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of
personalities and work styles, and ability to remain calm and
collected under pressure.
- Ability to preserve the integrity of highly confidential
business and customer information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, and laws in the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, handle
multiple priorities, and reprioritize work under rapidly changing
- Ability to work independently without continued support from
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the company's products and
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Exhibits familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point,
and Outlook. - Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Rate of Pay Shift Days Category Administration EOE Statement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. Location DuraTech La Crosse About the Organization DuraTech
Industries is a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La
Crosse, Wisconsin. We work hard at making a positive, challenging
and engaging environment.
We respect and value our people and recognize their diversity as a
source of creativity. We value loyalty, dedication, hard work and
pride in workmanship. We dedicate ourselves to provide a safe and
fun work environment; one that promotes open communication,
teamwork, learning and community involvement. Our Team Members are
our greatest asset; our leadership in the industries we serve has
been achieved because our people are the best. This position is
currently accepting applications.
Keywords: DuraTech Industries, Inc, La Crosse , Vice President of Sales, Sales , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!