Lab Technician I
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 5, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual
orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities,
and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position supports the Climate business.
Provide technical support in delivering high-quality data to the
product design engineering teams by preparing and testing
developmental Trane Commercial HVAC products.
Assist Test Engineering and set up standard laboratory test
equipment, including data acquisition systems, power analyzers,
flow equipment, pressure and temperature measurement devices, and
- Assist concept and validation test setups and testing with
guidance from test engineer or technician for Trane CHVAC
- Provide accurate, repeatable, and retrievable data to Test
Engineering and/or lead technician
- Assemble and maintain test tools, fixtures, and equipment using
power hand tools, band saws, drill presses, grinders, and other
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of some Trane CHVAC
technologies and equipment.
- Assist in fabrication, assembly, and testing of prototypes and
- Provide support to maintain facilities and equipment.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts by
utilizing OPEX Lean Principles, including visual management and
9-step problem solving techniques.
- Assist laboratory teams in supporting project schedules and
executing laboratory tasks on time.
- Routine instrumentation and setups.
- Use data acquisition systems.
- Associate degree in HVAC, electromechanical, or equivalent
degree program at an accredited school. One-year
certificate/diploma with minimum 5 years' relevant work experience
may be considered.
- Strong grasp of refrigeration-related thermodynamic principles
and mechanical troubleshooting is required.
- EPA Type I & II certification or willingness to become
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word,
Outlook) required, with desire to learn basic programming in Visual
- May physically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds with provided machinery and personnel.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse , Lab Technician I, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!