Maintenance Apprentice - La Crosse
Company: Great Lakes Cheese
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50
years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has
grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the
best technologies for production and distribution - and by setting
high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves
the nation's retailers and food service operations with nine
strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition
of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.GLC's
Mission:To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently
high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our
commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated
employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open
communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to
go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a
success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the
communities, and the company benefit.Benefits of working at
GLC:Great Lakes Cheese's success hinges on the dedication and
professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created
and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their
careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and
earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the
small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization.
Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where
they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer
competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and
Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance
Program and tuition reimbursement.Position DescriptionThe
Maintenance Apprenticeship will provide a student with an
opportunity to gain real world practical experience by learning the
skills of a Maintenance Technician I while going to school. The
Apprentice will transition through GLC's maintenance training
program and assessments as he/she finishes his/her technical/school
- Work with a Maintenance Technician to learn how to:
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to
production issues and problems.
- Maintain production equipment.
- Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
- Create requisitions of equipment and supplies to maintain
- Assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job
task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a
manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our
customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing
Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.Required
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Enrolled in a maintenance technical program.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
- Basic experience and knowledge of production machinery and
equipment.Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
- 1 year of food manufacturing experience or more.
- SAP experience.
- Experience working with ammonia refrigeration
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with
average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, safety glasses and/or
other safety PPE including welding gloves, aprons, face shields,
safety harnesses and fall prevention may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist,
waist-to-shoulder, shoulder-to-overhead and
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck;
frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 100 lbs.
- Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other
motorized vehicles in tight quarters.Great Lakes Cheese is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Great Lakes Cheese, La Crosse , Maintenance Apprentice - La Crosse, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!