Order Selector - Warehouse
Company: Reinhart Foodservice
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: February 4, 2019
An Order Selector is responsible for selecting product in a safe and efficient manner, which includes reading labels, placing product in the proper locations on pallets and preparing it for shipping. Selectors accomplish this by following standard work instructions and operating heavy equipment (pallet jacks/forklifts). The position is physically demanding and entails exposure to varying temperature zones.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Scan job functions into labor clock; obtain proper paperwork for the shift
- Manual transfer of cased product from pick slots to pallet and affix label
- Secure products on pallets; build according to prescribed procedures
- Pay close attention to detail while performing job duties including but not limited to reading labels, selection, tranfers, palletizing, etc.
- Stock and set up selection area
- Meet selection standards and accuracy standards
- Safely operate all warehouse equipment and obey all safety rules
- Read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots
- Work in multi-temperature areas as assigned
- May select products using Vocollect technology
- Produce a quality work output on a consistent basis
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Position Requirements:Required Skills and Experience:
- 6 months experience in a highly physical, labor intensive position (ie. construction, distribution warehouse, equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler or other positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting and/or which deals with multi-temperatures)
- Must have the ability to work in varying temperature zones, from freezer temperatures to non-air conditioned temperatures in the summer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 80 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method and work instructions
- Must be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to produce quality work
- Must have a strong service orientation
- Must have basic math skills
- Must have basic reading skills
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime as required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must pass a post offer drug test and background check
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Foodservice or warehouse distribution experience
- Experience operating equipment such as a pallet jack or powered industrial truck
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Foodservice, La Crosse , Order Selector - Warehouse, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!