Purchasing Coordinator - La Crosse
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 2, 2019
Join a team of energetic, passionate people creating breakthrough solutions that innovate the packaging industry. Where motivation is rewarded, and professional goals are exceeded.
We are a growing, family-owned company with three US locations. We collaborate with some of the biggest consumer brands including MillerCoors, Kraft, Purina, New Belgium, Arizona Beverages and Nestle. You can see our labels and packaging on store shelves across North America.
Be a part of our family tradition of expertise, creativity and drive to produce great packaging.
We power great packaging. You power us.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for placing orders for specific purchases and inventory items from an approved list of vendors, ensuring the most cost effective pricing while meeting company delivery requirements at the most favorable delivery terms, in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position will interact with both internal and external customers and will serve as the liaison between suppliers and end users. The Purchasing Coordinator must respond in a timely manner to requests for orders or modifications to existing orders and communicate effectively to all parties. A basic understanding of purchasing policies and procedures, knowledge and understanding of inventory management and warehouse receiving procedures is essential in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Obtains quotes, places and expedites orders with approved suppliers and creates purchase orders. Coordinates with scheduling to ensure purchased goods are available when needed. Tracks orders as needed to ensure on-time delivery. Prepares requisitions for approval.
- Handles correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
- Facilitates monthly inventory by preparing inventory reports and entering adjustments.
- Communicates expectations and resolves issues with suppliers.
- Communicates with internal departments to understand and meet their needs.
- Maintains accuracy of stock code information within SYSPRO (Inland ERP System), including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
- Enters new part numbers in the company's ERP system.
- Ensures SYSPRO parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum, maximum, safety, and current inventory levels; making recommendations to management for adjustments to levels.
- Assists in developing new supply sources and qualifying suppliers.
- Tracks supplier performance to ensure suppliers comply with order specifications. Assists in maintaining supplier's scorecard.
- Assists in researching and selecting new suppliers.
- Supports the continuous improvement program by documenting and assisting in developing best work practices for purchasing and inventory control.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and Inland's business ethics.
- Establishes and maintains department Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Finance
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience, or combination of education and experience is required
- Exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge of MRP processes
- Manufacturing experience beneficial
- Strong business partner engagement and relationship development skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Must be analytical, innovative, decisive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Must possess versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Finance
- Experience in printing/packaging or related field
- Lean management skills
- Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments
- Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, regulatory agencies, employees, team members, and managers
Required Work Schedule:
- Typically works standard business hours
- Must be flexible for occasional meetings and responsibilities outside of standard business hours including weekends
- Travel and overnight trips may occur as needed
- Generally sedentary
- 20/40 corrected vision
- No unusual physical requirements are necessary
Keywords: Inland, La Crosse , Purchasing Coordinator - La Crosse, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!