Site Supervisor-Industrial Services (1261)
Company: Bay West
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: May 26, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Full Time Technical La Crosse, WI,
US 18 days ago Requisition ID: 1261 For almost 50 years, Bay West
has been instrumental in providing environmental consulting and
remediation services to a large range of clients across the United
States. Our clients depend on us for our attention to detail,
safety record, highly skilled staff, and rapid response
capabilities. As environmental regulations for air, land, and water
have continued to evolve, Bay West's engineers, scientists, and
emergency response professionals have helped government and
commercial enterprises navigate complexities and ongoing
environmental remediation challenges. Bay West is excited to add
new talent to our team and has the following position available in
La Crosse, Wisconsin! POSITION INFORMATION Title: Site
-Reports to: Branch Manager
-Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
-Basis of Pay: Hourly, paid weekly (non-exempt)
-Anticipated scheduled hours per week: 40
HOW YOU'D SUPPORT BAY WEST
- Effectively supervise and manage industrial service team
members and projects at customer sites on a regular basis.
- Resolve conflicts appropriately, accept responsibility for
decision making, follow through on all commitments, and utilize
internal and external resources properly.
- Practice open communication and cooperation to achieve common
understanding with team members of similar and other
- Actively work with existing customers to maximize current and
future sales opportunities.
- Perform chemical neutralization and cleaning of industrial and
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance for the oil and gas
- Conduct daily cleanup tasks involving solid and liquid
hazardous and non-hazardous material in an efficient and
- Appropriately perform all assigned waste management tasks at
customer locations utilizing correct waste handling procedures and
proper completion of waste management documentation.
- Assist in Emergency Response (ER) clean-up activities for
hazardous and non-hazardous material, loading and unloading ER
equipment, and decontaminating equipment in an efficient
- Actively participate on the Emergency Response (ER) team
approximately one week of being on-call 24/7 every five weeks.
- Understand and perform confined space entry (CSE) procedures
and act as an Entry Supervisor when staff are cleaning and
decontaminating solid and liquid hazardous and non-hazardous
- Perform the role of Health and Safety Officer on IS
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients in a
courteous and professional manner and inform immediate supervisor
or customer of any perceived health, safety or other work
environment conditions or concerns. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- High school diploma or GED or 3 years of related experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA hazardous materials training; we will provide for
otherwise qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in equipment commonly utilized on IS
projects (excavating and industrial cleaning).
- Demonstrate ability to lead and supervise work for Industrial
Services work crews.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
and Microsoft Outlook and ability to use Bay West's computer
- Successful completion of Confined Space Entry (CSE) training;
we will provide for otherwise qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of hand and air powered
- Possess valid driver's license; Commercial Driver's License
Endorsement a plus.
- Possess or have access to reliable means of transportation on a
24-hour basis. - Physical & intellectual requirements:
- Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, bending, and
- Ability to read and interpret general documents, safety rules,
and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Frequently lift 25 lbs. over an 8-hour period, and occasionally
up to 50 lbs. for less than 1 hour.
- May engage in strenuous daily activities in confined
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions, and to deal with and respond to changing situations.
Within first 90 days you will be trained and certified to use the
- Skid steer -
- Pickup Truck and Trailer
- Confined Space Entry Supervisor
- ER Equipment Operation BAY WEST BENEFITS Bay West offers a
great benefit package to eligible employees, including:
- Paid time off, including paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits, including Health & Flexible Spending
Accounts, Critical Illness and Accident insurance, and Supplemental
Life insurance options
- Pre- and post- (ROTH) tax 401k retirement plan
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement of up to
$2,500 per year
- Team events, like Shop Lunches, river cleanup volunteering
opportunities, and annual Training Day
- And more! Bay West LLC is an equal opportunity employer as well
as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of
41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against
qualified protected Veterans, and the requirements of 41 CFR
60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
individuals on the basis of disability. Bay West is an equal
employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Bay West, La Crosse , Site Supervisor-Industrial Services (1261), Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...