Perioperative Technician (Full-time, La Crosse GI)
Company: Gundersen Health System
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people
want to work here. If you're looking for a job to love, apply
Schedule Weekly Hours:
.9 FTE (72 Hours per Week)
Shift: Monday - Friday, Days
Department: Gastrointestinal Laboratory
The Perioperative Technician, under the direction and general
supervision of an RN or Provider, works with the team to provide
basic care of patients and assistance during surgery and
procedures. The technician will assist with data collection to
facilitate the delivery of delegated patient care.
1. Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to the
GundersenHealth SystemMission Statement, policies and
2. Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective
use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within
the time frames in accordance with unit CBO and department
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills, written and verbal,
while providing patient care. Effectively communicates with other
members of the health care team and documents information as
directed, in the medical record.
4. Assists RN in admission and discharge of patients in
Pre/Postsurgery and procedurearea.Reinforces GundersenHealth
Systemapproved teaching materials with patients and families.
5. Demonstrates competency in IV insertion.
6. Demonstrates competency in phlebotomy.
7. Demonstrates competency in performing 12 lead EKG.
8. Demonstrates competency in performing bladder scans.
9. Demonstrates competency in point of care testing as relevant to
10. Assists with intubations, holding cricoid pressure, holding
tube until Anesthesia provider is ready for it and assisting with
getting oxygen hooked to the Intubation tube, if required by
11. Inserts foley catheters, starts IVs and performs prep on
patient prior to procedure, if required by department.
12. Prepares case carts, opens sterile supplies and pulls
medications and suture for cases, if required by department.
13. Secures dressings on patient incision at end of the procedure,
under the direct supervision of the provider, if required by the
14. Measures and records vital signs including temperature, blood
pressure, respirations, and pulses; measure and record weights.
15. Practices sterile technique, body substance isolation and
infection control precautions, as needed.
16. Demonstrates competency in computer skills when accessing
clinical information as directed by the RN.
17. Creates and maintains sterile field assisting physician with
procedural pain blocks.
18. Assists with supply management within the department.
19. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
20. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to
continuously improve patient care and unit operations.
21. Performs other duties as needed by the department as
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year experience in health care service
6 months Previous CNA experience
License and Certifications:
If working in Wisconsin, will need a Wisconsin Registered Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
If working in Minnesota, will need a Minnesota Registered Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA-MN) certification
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
(with hands on learning) from one of the following programs;
American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably
anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other
potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Subject to hazards.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have
questions about the position, please contact
HR-Recruitment@gundersenhealth.org or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Gundersen Health System, La Crosse , Perioperative Technician (Full-time, La Crosse GI), Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!