SITE SUPERVISOR - Industrial Services (1130)
Company: Bay West LLC
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 24, 2022
If you care about the environment and want to do work that
improves our planet, consider joining our team as a Site
Supervisor! If you enjoy having a large variety of work in a
fast-paced environment, check us out. For over 46 years, Bay West
LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering
Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar
safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise &
strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental
Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management
for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, &
Industrial/Commercial clients.Our Site Supervisor will provide
direct supervisory, technical, and administrative support for Bay
West's Industrial Services (IS) Line of Business. The position
requires the ability to travel to primarily in-state project sites,
occasionally on short notice. This role has a minimum starting pay
rate of $29 an hour!Bay West offers its valued employees:
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision
coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and
accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your
expertise and responsibilities expand
- Business casual environment with great co-workersCORE
- Effectively supervise and manage industrial service team
members and projects at customer sites on a regular basis.
- Resolve conflicts appropriately, accept responsibility for
decision making, follow through on all commitments, and utilize
internal and external resources properly.
- Practice open communication and cooperation to achieve common
understanding with team members of similar and other
- Actively work with existing customers to maximize current and
future sales opportunities.
- Perform chemical neutralization and cleaning of industrial and
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance for the oil and gas
- Conduct daily cleanup tasks involving solid and liquid
hazardous and non-hazardous material in an efficient and
- Appropriately perform all assigned waste management tasks at
customer locations utilizing correct waste handling procedures and
proper completion of waste management documentation.
- Assist in Emergency Response (ER) clean-up activities for
hazardous and non-hazardous material, loading and unloading ER
equipment, and decontaminating equipment in an efficient
- Actively participate on the Emergency Response (ER) team
approximately one week of being on-call 24/7 every five weeks.
- Understand and perform confined space entry (CSE) procedures
and act as an Entry Supervisor when staff are cleaning and
decontaminating solid and liquid hazardous and non-hazardous
- Perform the role of Health and Safety Officer on IS
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers,
both orally and in writing, in a courteous and professional manner
and inform immediate supervisor or customer of any perceived
health, safety or other work environment conditions or
- High school diploma or GED or 3 years of related experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA hazardous materials training; we will provide for
otherwise qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in equipment commonly utilized on IS
projects (excavating and industrial cleaning).
- Demonstrate ability to lead and supervise work for Industrial
Services work crews.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
and Microsoft Outlook and ability to use Bay West's computer
- Successful completion of Confined Space Entry (CSE) training;
we will provide for otherwise qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of hand and air powered
- Possess valid driver's license; Commercial Driver's License
Endorsement a plus.
- Possess or have access to reliable means of transportation on a
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug screens
(quarterly pool).Physical & intellectual requirements:
- Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, bending, and
- Ability to read and interpret general documents, safety rules,
and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Frequently lift 25 lbs. over an 8-hour period, and occasionally
up to 50 lbs. for less than 1 hour.
- May engage in strenuous daily activities in confined
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions, and to deal with and respond to changing
situations.Within first 90 days you will be trained and certified
to use the following equipment:
- Skid steer
- Pickup Truck and Trailer
- Confined Space Entry Supervisor
- ER Equipment OperationAdditional training and certification
opportunities for less frequently used equipment:
- Excavator/Other Earth-moving equipment
- Scaffold Certification
- Aerial lift
- Vacuum Truck OperationBay West is an equal opportunity employer
that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an
EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity employer. PI182870977
Keywords: Bay West LLC, La Crosse , SITE SUPERVISOR - Industrial Services (1130), Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!