Company: Great Lakes Cheese, Inc.
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 14, 2022
The Maintenance Apprenticeship will provide a student with an
opportunity to gain real world practical experience by learning the
skills of a Maintenance Technician I while going to school The
Apprentice will transition through GLC's maintenance training
program and assessments as they finish their technical/school
- Work with a Maintenance Technician to learn how to:
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to
production issues and problems.
- Maintain production equipment.
- Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
- Create requisitions of equipment and supplies to maintain
- Assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job
task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our
products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and
value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to
Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in
our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Enrolled in a maintenance technical program.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
- Basic experience and knowledge of production machinery and
Preferred Education and Experience
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
- 1 year of food manufacturing experience or more.
- SAP experience.
- Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems/PSM.
--- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with
average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
--- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck;
frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
--- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist,
waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
--- Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
--- Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other
motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action
Nearest Major Market: La Crosse
Nearest Secondary Market: Winona
Keywords: Great Lakes Cheese, Inc., La Crosse , Maintenance Apprentice, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!