Test Automation Tool Architect
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Trane Technologies - we Challenge Possible. Our brands -
including Trane - and Thermo King - - create access to cooling and
comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
- At Trane, we extensively utilize test automation tools to test
our commercial HVAC controls products. We are looking for an
experienced software engineer to take on responsibility for the
ongoing development of these tools, as well as to serve as an
architect for planning and implementing future tool
- Lead the design and implementation of test automation tools
used to test Trane's unit controls products.
- Maintain and enhance existing test automation tools by
addressing documented defects.
- Serve as software architect and domain expert in the planning
and implementation of future automation tool enhancements.
- Gain and maintain a significant working understanding of Trane
HVAC equipment and unit controls products.
- Work with other automation engineers to integrate unit
controls, display, and Windows-based test automation.
- Stay current with new hardware and software technologies,
software testing practices, and test automation tools and
- Keep lead test engineers and department manager informed of
test automation tool project status and results.
- Make recommendations for improvement of the product testing
- Create and maintain metrics that capture product automation
coverage and time savings.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant
and cooperative temperament with internal and external
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or another field applicable to software development
and automated software testing.
- 3 - 5 years of directly related experience in software
development with 1 - 2 years of that work experience in software
testing, test automation, application development, or a related
field; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Must have programming experience in C#.net and/or C++ and
- Development experience in the Linux OS environment is highly
- Understanding of embedded controls software development is
- Experience with and understanding of communications protocols
such as BACnet, Modbus, Zigbee, and WiFi is desired.
- Experience with software test automation tools is desired.
- Knowledge of building control systems and devices is
- Must have good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
environment but also independently when needed, and ability to
prioritize tasks under deadline pressures.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Test Automation Tool Architect, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!