Company: Commercial HVAC NA and EMEA
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: March 14, 2020
At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands -
including Trane-- and Thermo King-- - create access to cooling and
comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Job Summary :
This Electrical Engineer is responsible for Unit electrical system
designs for Trane Commercial HVAC products. Responsibilities
include main unit control panel and auxiliary control panel design
and layout. Additional responsibilities include selection and
qualification of electrical and electro-mechanical power
components, electrical wiring, transformers, circuit breakers,
contactors, overloads, variable frequency drives, solid state
starters, and wye-delta starters. This position will generate unit
electrical designs, control panel prototypes, test documentation
and reports along with product documentation necessary to release
unit designs to production. Further equipment responsibilities also
include integrating the following types of pre-engineered devices
into the unit design: low voltage sensors, wireless and wired
interconnection devices, and Trane developed HVAC control
The selected candidate must have the technical expertise to develop
and lead product design projects, supervise product validation
testing, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues,
interpret technical agency standards, and conduct projects in
accordance with standard engineering practices.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Become familiar with Trane Commercial Chillers, Rooftops and
Air Handler products
- Develop control box layout designs, wire harness routing and
transformer load calculations.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians
and other team members.
- Administer appropriate agency and regulatory approval
- Develop and/or update Trane electrical purchased part
engineering drawings and standards.
- Define, identify and complete appropriate qualification testing
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Coordinate the activities of other engineers or technicians
assigned to the project.
- Provide engineering support to the Product Planning and
Technical Support Team.
- Support the Order Fulfillment teams as needed to address
safety, assembly and quality issues.
- Identify electrical quality and productivity improvement
- Execute a wide variety of electrical or quality and
productivity improvement projects.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
Engineering Technology and at least 3 years of electrical
engineering experience is required. Key Competencies:
- Strong interest in HVAC applications and operating conditions
for refrigeration equipment.
- Competency in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Project, and
- Ability to lead a team or work as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving
- Must be tenacious with quality and customer service
- Knowledge of appropriate product safety and design standards;
including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A, National
Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications (Creo & Creo
Schematics) is a plus but not required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Six Sigma trained or certified a
plus but is not required. We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive
in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our
winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We
share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly
challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Commercial HVAC NA and EMEA, La Crosse , Electrical Engineer, Professions , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!