Laboratory Controls Software Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 8, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
This Laboratory Controls Software Engineer is responsible to
develop, maintain, troubleshoot, and automate the data acquisition
systems for test facilities and test processes in a HVAC
development laboratory environment.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Develop data acquisition systems to acquire test data in a
development laboratory to meet product development
- Lead and support advancement of new technologies/automation to
improve the product testing process.
- Troubleshoot and maintain data acquisition systems to ensure
accurate test data and timely product development.
- Train personnel on the data acquisition systems.
- Must be able to lead and motivate individuals and teams
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Follow good engineering practices and develop practical
- Demonstrate high personal energy, integrity and ethics
- Less than 20% travel required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering/software
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer Programming skills VBA, VB6, VB.NET with ability to
learn new programming languages as needed.
- SQL Database Experience
- Knowledge of standard laboratory instrumentation and sensors
- Interface laboratory instrumentation to VB.NET
- Experience working in a manufacturing or laboratory
- Working knowledge of HVAC principles/components and a thorough
understanding of interactions of complex HVAC systems
- Strong analytical skills combined with experience in object
oriented programming techniques
- Proficient in the understanding application of engineering
models and theories, basic statistical techniques, problem solving
and prevention, project management and planning tools, process
management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual
- Knowledge of product development process, mechanical design
testing and qualification methods. Preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as required
supporting testing functions and product development needs as
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse , Laboratory Controls Software Engineer, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!