Line Attendant / Utility 2nd Shift
Company: Great Lakes Cheese
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: July 9, 2019
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in
Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by
acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies
for production and distribution - and by setting high industry
standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation's
retailers and food service operations with nine strategic
facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of
award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high
quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our
commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated
employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open
communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to
go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a
success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the
communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese's success hinges on the dedication and
professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created
and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their
careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and
earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the
small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization.
Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where
they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer
competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and
Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance
Program and tuition reimbursement.
Position DescriptionThe Line Attendant prepares products and
packaging to meet customer specifications in compliance with
company policy related to GMP's and Safety.Responsibilities
- Maintain area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
- Prepare, weigh, carry, load, space product.
- Open and rework product.
- Gather, review, and apply labels/stickers/ backer boards.
- Review order specs and assemble boxes.
- Review order specs and pack boxes.
- Inspect Machine E stops to ensure functionality before
- Quality checks to assure product is packaged according to
customer specifications on production sheet (price / label /
- Direct / communicate to line personnel on order specs and
- Enter data on production reports.
- Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
- Productive use of down time.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job
task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our
products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and
value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to
Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in
our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard
- Ability to read and prepare production reports and comprehend
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Ability to promote and model teamwork.
- MES experience.
- SAP experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Use of motor skills to safely drive fork lift in tight
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with
average temperature of 55-75 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, cut proof gloves and/or
safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist,
waist-to-shoulder, shoulder-to-overhead and
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend/twist neck
and back; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Great Lakes Cheese, La Crosse , Line Attendant / Utility 2nd Shift, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!