Grinder Slurry Helper 2nd Shift - La Crosse
Company: Great Lakes Cheese
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50
years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has
grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the
best technologies for production and distribution - and by setting
high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves
the nation's retailers and food service operations with nine
strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition
of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.GLC's
Mission:To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently
high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our
commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated
employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open
communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to
go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a
success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the
communities, and the company benefit.Benefits of working at
GLC:Great Lakes Cheese's success hinges on the dedication and
professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created
and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their
careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and
earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the
small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization.
Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where
they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer
competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and
Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance
Program and tuition reimbursement.Position DescriptionThe Grinder
Slurry is responsible for maintaining the proper blend of cheese
- Coordinate with supervisor/leads on order add-ons, product
change over's and tie outs.
- Follow production orders.
- Assure sample cups are near blenders.
- Scrape mold off cheese and deposit mold in detained product
- Use non-cheese ingredients in proper rotation-First in First
- Ability to use inventory report (LX02) to look up oldest
- Ability to use hand held to look up the oldest ingredient
- Ability to properly scan ingredients to inprocess or blend
- Record correct batch numbers on blend sheet if ingredients
aren't scanned to the blend sheet.
- Label any unused ingredient with its description and or batch
(if needed) and return to proper storage (cooler or dry ingredient)
when done with the ingredient.
- Weigh and record fish bait.
- Ensure quality of cheese.
- Collect blender samples for Lab.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
- Take pre-shift and post-shift inventory of powders in the
- Set up powders for groups.
- Safely operate tow motor in close quarters.
- Operate powder handling system.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job
task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our
products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and
value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to
Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in
our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.Required
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard
- Ability to read and prepare production reports and comprehend
- Ability to use hand held scanners.
- Basic computer & SAP skills.Preferred Education, Experience,
and SkillsWorking Conditions
- Use of motor skills to safely drive fork lift in tight
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with
average temperature of 55-75 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, cut proof gloves and/or
safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist,
waist-to-shoulder, shoulder-to-overhead and
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend/twist neck
and back; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 50 lbs.Great Lakes Cheese is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Great Lakes Cheese, La Crosse , Grinder Slurry Helper 2nd Shift - La Crosse, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!