Consumer Loan Officer
Company: Marine Credit Union
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: September 12, 2018
MCU-CLO-2 - Consumer Loan OfficerWhat You'll Do:
After completing orientation and training, you will provide our members with information on credit union products and services. As you gather and analyze financial information, you'll work closely with the Branch Manager to support the loan decision process. Understanding financial data and the circumstances of your customers will enable you to evaluate and recommend loan approvals, denials, counteroffers, and debt restructuring. In addition to using your excellent verbal communication skills, you will process required forms and related documentation for consumer loan products, while continually promoting additional credit union products and services.
Greeting and interacting with our members, making outbound calls from leads provided by the company, and managing delinquent account files will be part of your everyday responsibilities. Instead of taking a cookie-cutter approach to helping our members, we treat them with dignity, care about their circumstances, and provide them with appropriate solutions to meet their unique credit needs.
What You'll Bring:
Our ideal Consumer Loan Officer will bring the following qualities and skills:
- Core Values: Accountability, Candor, Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork
- Shared Mission: Make a positive difference in people's lives
- Ability to build rapport, explain product features and benefits, and communicate persuasively
- Ability to gather, analyze, and assess borrower financial information, and make recommendations regarding loan approvals, denials, and counteroffers
- Skills in developing new business within our community locations
- Strong MS Office computer skills, with the ability to talk on the phone or in person while entering accurate data into our systems
- The ability to establish credibility, build trust, and solve problems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are highly desirable.
- Previous Consumer Lending, Banking, Financial Consulting, or Sales experience is desirable
- Experience working in a face-to-face customer service/sales environment
- Experience making outbound warm calls to potential customers, and calls to solicit business
- Collections/delinquency management experience
- Experience working in a process-oriented environment with importance placed on attention to detail and meeting key performance metrics.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or Finance is desired.
If the above description of a Consumer Loan Officer at Marine Credit Union sounds like a career opportunity that is tailor-made for your strengths, please apply online today for our thoughtful consideration.
If you are a mission-driven, goal-oriented professional who truly values helping customers, this Consumer Loan Officer (CLO) role with Marine Credit Union can provide you with a progressive career in financial services. As a CLO you will learn to provide personalized solutions for individuals and families with less-than-perfect credit. You will be empowered to treat your customers with respect as you present them with practical credit alternatives to meet their financial needs. If you are competitive, good at sales, eager to learn, and a team player, and open to future relocation, we provide opportunities for you to advance after you master this role. In addition to a base salary and generous bonuses, we offer paid training, a benefits package, and best of all - a company and a career that will enrich your life and the lives of our members. Do you have a desire to be the best in your chosen field? Read on for more details.
Marine Credit Union is built on the strong belief that members are more than a credit score, and we are committed to providing financial services to all members of the community - including those with past financial challenges. We will continue our long-standing tradition of delivering personalized lending solutions to fit our members' individual needs. Marine Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving over 60,000 members with office locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Learn more about us at www.MarineCU.com.http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=454712821&sourceType=29
Keywords: Marine Credit Union, La Crosse , Consumer Loan Officer, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!