Reproductive Healthcare Assistant
Company: Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc.
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: March 7, 2023
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.LA CROSSE, WIREPRODUCTIVE
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide
quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education,
and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 22
health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted
reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help
keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
We are looking to hire individuals who can provide outstanding
customer services and are able to carry themselves with positive
energy and attitude for our clients.
If this sounds like you, PPWI is interested in welcoming and
training you to become a valuable team member as a Reproductive
Healthcare Assistant (40hours/week, benefits eligible) at our La
Crosse Family Planning Health Center!
We believe in investing (free medical training) in individuals who
share the passion of delivering quality patient care and understand
the importance of reproductive health.
If you have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent check
out the great things you can do at PPWI! Essential Duties and
- Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to agency's policies, procedures, and protocol. This may
include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state
certification requirements (e.g. CPR certification for health care
workers, HIV / CTS training, IM injection and venipuncture
training, lab skills check off training).
- Independently perform at least three of the following
functions:A. Front office duties, including, but not limited to:
- Greet patients, answer phones, refer calls, make
- Prepare and assemble charts, checking for completeness, errors,
signature and appropriate assembly
- Process lab results
- Maintain patient records
- Access client finances, which may include verifying insurance,
health plan authorization and Title 19 cards; collect fees per
agency guidelines; complete appropriate forms and obtain signatures
per agency policy
- Complete related financial / statistical paperwork for
- Copy / transfer charts as needed
- Request medical records as needed
- Refer medical complaints / questions
- Monitor clinic flow
- Input and update computer patient data informationB. Back
office duties, including but not limited to:
- Obtain medical history, interview and educate clients ensuring
- Handle difficult counseling situations with clients on such
subjects as rape, STIs, risks of sexual activity for early teens,
and late abortions
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks,
Rh testing, etc.)
- Package specimens for outside lab tests, record lab results and
sort out normal/abnormal test results to distribute to appropriate
staff members in a timely fashion
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, hgb,
- Accompany clients during procedures, as necessary
- Clean and sterilize equipment
- Assist Nurses and Clinicians, as needed
- Perform venipuncture and IM injections, as necessaryC. Perform
pregnancy testing and education:
- Obtains medical history, interviews and educates clients
ensuring informed consent
- Performs basic lab work (pregnancy tests)
- Performs options and abortion education per agency protocol,
making appointments/refers for follow-up medical servicesD. One
significant administrative program, such as:
- Follow-up of abnormal test results
- Ordering and inventory maintenance (forms, medical
- Establishing on-going referral and information sharing
relationships with other providers and social service agencies
within the center's community
- Monthly statistics
- Ledgers and accounting
- Computer data entryE. HIV counseling program / HIV CTS training
- Act as manager in absence of Clinic Manager, as assigned.
- Comply with infection control, safety and emergency
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established
goals for productivity (e.g. assist licensed staff with visits;
answer phones within 6 rings presenting the soonest
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve
established revenue cycle goals (e.g. screen and enroll clients in
third party payer sources both public and private; collect fees at
the time of service, ask for donations, post accurately, adhere to
frequency tables in terms of dispensing medication etc.).
- Create & maintain medical documentation in an EHR system in
compliance with EHR policies and procedures.
- Work to ensure client satisfaction. Adhere to affiliate goals,
policies and standards of conduct in terms of professionalism.
Assist center staff in achieving 60 minute visits as well as
answering phones professionally.
- Provide appropriate resources as necessary.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, such as bookkeeping
and follow-up (i.e. medical records, etc.), as required.
- Stock exam and interview rooms. Follow inventory control
policies and assist in monthly inventory, as needed.
- Display initiative in maintaining a neat and tidy appearance in
all areas of clinic, including office cleaning as needed.
- Prepare center for opening and secure for closing, as
required.OTHER DUTIES and ABILITIES:
- 1. Keep current on relevant anatomy and physiology, methods of
contraception, STIs, pregnancy, adoption, early prenatal care,
education techniques, community resources, agency protocol,
referral procedures, and all Planned Parenthood programs. Must
attend mandatory trainings.
- 2. Assist initial training of new staff and volunteers by
demonstration of techniques and procedures and by observation.
- 3. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Clinic
Manager. These may include occasionally needed specialized services
such as services for developmentally disabled clients and
specialized patient education programs.PPWI is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc., La Crosse , Reproductive Healthcare Assistant, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...