3rd SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - Bilingual
Company: Torrance Casting
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and
coordination of activities in the foundry, in a manner that is safe
to ensure the highest quality level, attain the production
schedule, and deliver on time. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Plant Manager and Human Resources to determine
the level of staffing required.
- Work with other supervisors to assure proper coordination
between shifts and departments and organize daily workflow through
the assignment of responsibilities.
- Review, correct, and approve all department time and attendance
- Supervise production employee outcomes by selecting, training,
scheduling, motivating, coaching, and disciplining employees.
- Plan and communicate job expectations and monitor job
- Instruct employees on and ensure adherence to company policies,
procedures, standards, process instructions, and union contract.
- Ensure work is completed per schedule.
- Effectively communicate production status to other supervisors
and management to maintain process flow.
- Complete required departmental reports and production
- Contribute to continual improvement of process workflow through
observation, analysis, and recommendation process changes.
- Manage and communicate department materials and inventory
- Train employees to inspect tools and equipment and ensure they
are regularly maintained.
- Ensure proper communication of any mechanical malfunctions and
- Attend and participate in daily supervisor meetings. Quality
- Assure quality through first-piece inspections and audits.
- Train employees to inspect for visible defects.
- Record and report defects to the Production Design Team.
- Make recommendations to improve quality. Safety
- Responsible for continuously improving worker safety through
careful observation, sharing knowledge, gathering, and evaluating
key safety information, and interacting with other members of
- Ensure the health, safety, and environmental performance of the
- Assign work to employees based on safety considerations and
ensure that scheduled work is completed in a safe manner.
- Instruct employees in the use of safe and proper methods
according to sound practice and equipment and system-specific
- Evaluate the need for related worker training and work with the
EHS Manager and Plant Manager to coordinate necessary training and
update training records.
- Actively observe employee behavior and consistently enforce all
company rules and regulations.
- Promote safe and healthy practices.
- Immediately follow up with written reports on all accidents and
- Responsible for the safe and continuously improving operation
of Torrance Casting, Inc. facility equipment.
- Ensure the safe operation of facilities and equipment, and
- Understand the safety and environmental impact of facilities,
equipment, and support systems; recommend modifications and
improvements to enhance worker safety and environment-related
- Identify and communicate potential changes that would improve
health and safety performance within the department and plant-wide.
- Assist in the compilation and reporting of data required for
local, state, and federal environmental and safety and health
- Manufacturing Production: 3 years (preferred)
- Supervisory: 2 years (required)
- High school or equivalent (preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred) Torrance Casting
is an Equal Opportunity Employer PI200141270
Keywords: Torrance Casting, La Crosse , 3rd SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - Bilingual, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!