Company: Reyes Holdings
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Hybrid positionWe are Driven by Excellence, Dedicated to People
in everything we do...no matter the job. A unique and fulfilling
work experience comes with every position within the Reyes Family
of Businesses - where there's always an opportunity to grow and
develop in a family-owned environment grounded in values and
ethics.Position Summary:The Benefits Specialist serves as a
resource for employee and local human resources personnel for all
benefit programs; day to day administration of benefit plans and
programs; liaison with vendors for problem resolution; responsible
for data management and file transmissions.Position
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Administer complex and varying insurance benefit programs and
- Ensure confidentiality while maintaining employee benefits
files and updating employee payroll records.
- Respond to high volume of inbound calls and emails from
employees and local HR representatives.
- Work with TPAs and vendors to resolve difficult or sensitive
insurance problems and documentation thereof.
- Complete all changes and ensure all required documentation is
- Organize and communicate annual enrollment changes and
- Document and maintain a system of procedures to administer
- Assist with preparation of benefits communications, surveys and
- Conduct employee benefits presentations and training.
- Data file management, including transfer between HRIS systems
and to vendors.
- Investigate and process questions and information on data file
error reports from vendors.
- Assist with development of benefits communications, including
those that are federally mandated.
- With high confidentiality, manage benefits database to ensure
accurate employee and employer contributions for benefits, as well
as ensuring that employees are knowledgeable of and have access to
the benefits programs for which they are eligible.
- Other projects or duties as assigned. Required Skills and
- Associate's Degree in Human Resources or related field and 2+
years of recent experience in benefits administration OR High
School Diploma AND 4+ years of recent experience in benefits
administration in lieu of an Associate's Degree
- Strong customer service and effective communications skills
(verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Proficient experience with HR Information Systems
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, statutes and mandates
regarding employee benefits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 20%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Prior experience in Corporate HR or TPA setting
- Bilingual (Spanish)Physical Demands and Work
Environment:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as
delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in
this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due
to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the
basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures,
including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions,
terminations and self-development opportunities, will be
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the
Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Holdings, La Crosse , Benefits Specialist, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!