3RD SHIFT FURNACE OPERATOR
Company: Torrance Casting
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 19, 2023
This position will work on 3rd shift (Sunday -Thursday
The Furnace Operator operates the foundry's iron-melting furnaces.
They have high attention to safety for the handling of molten metal
and high temperatures. The position follows instructions so
production is as efficient and safe as possible.
What you will do:
- Operates and monitors the melting process and oversees the
charging of the furnace.
- Uses an overhead crane for placement of melting materials and
- Break up return castings using an overhead crane.
- Maintain and patch furnaces and ladles with refractory material
- Relines furnaces as needed.
- Makes sure all equipment is operating efficiently and to
- Uses computer to record work.
- Uses Excel to maintain data.
- Ensure the workstation is clean, organized, and, stocked with
appropriate supplies and necessary tools.
- Complete tasks independently or as a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Safety focused
- Willing to learn and get dirty
- Able to handle heavy equipment
- A team player
Other: High school diploma, or equivalent with on-the-job
Torrance Casting is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPI200141216
Keywords: Torrance Casting, La Crosse , 3RD SHIFT FURNACE OPERATOR, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!