Speech-Language Pathologist, LTC
Company: Mj Care Inc
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: November 21, 2022
\*\*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus\*\*
*SUMMARY OF POSITION*
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will evaluate, diagnose, and
treat patients with speech, voice, cognitive, swallowing, and
language disorders, formulate individualized treatment programs,
keep appropriate records, and inform medical professionals and
family about patient' progress. Therapy helps to prevent
communication and swallowing disorders. Services provided in a
healthcare environment. The SLP will also maintain a positive
working relationship with other professionals and ancillary staff.
SLP goal is to meet or exceed minimum productivity standards.
Provide home-based services to allow individuals to increase safety
and maximize function to keep highest level of independence and
remain safely at home.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES*
* Provides direct care, evaluates levels of speech, language, or
swallowing difficulty, outcomes, and consults with other
specialists. Reviews patients functional needs and adjusts care
plans to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* Designs and implements a plan of care for patients based on a
thorough assessment of potential development and incorporates
participation by significant others whenever it seems
* Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
Upholds professional and ethical standards.
* Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices and
* Help individuals improve vocabulary and sentence structure used
in oral and written language.
* Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to
* Determine appropriate diet.
* Directs and supervise the assistance of support staff to achieve
patients functional goals, and in compliance with State practice
guidelines and Payor requirements.
* Communicates effectively with other professional and support
staff regarding speech-language pathology services to achieve
positive patient outcomes.
* Educate patients and their families on how to cope with
communication and swallowing disorders.
* Practices facility and departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and
infection control standards.
* Accurately documents evaluations, treatment goals, and daily
treatment plans on a timely basis. Regularly updates documentation
and maintains prescriptions and signatures to adhere to doctor
* Enhances professional growth and development of self and others
through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings,
and workshops. Keeps up to date on professional literature.
* Provides direction and leadership to staff and acts as a resource
to promote speech language therapy in the community. Provide
in-services as needed to optimize care.
* Maintains and applies accurate working knowledge of various
funding sources and requirements to insure reimbursement of
* Travel between facilities as needed to provide care to
* Provide in-person or telehealth services as appropriate.
* Follow infection control policy and practices of MJ Care and
* Adheres to and supports the mission of MJ Care, Inc.
* Understands, adheres to, and upholds the values of MJ Care,
* Understands, adheres to, and upholds the Code of Conduct for MJ
* Promotes continuous process improvements.
* Delivers service aligned with department guiding principles.
* Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
* Displays commitment to continuous learning, including own
professional development as well as sharing information and
learning with other team members.
* Safely transport and transfer patient as necessary, with or
without assistance, following proper policy/procedure.
* In case of emergency/disaster, safely transport person by stairs
to evacuate per disaster policies.
* Maintains compliance with TB and flu requirements for MJ Care and
* Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology from a school
accredited by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
* Certificate of Clinical Competence is required for SLPs
* Current state license and/or certification to provide speech
language pathology services in good standing preferred.
* Valid National Provider Identifier (NPI).
* 1+ year of experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
* Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office. Ability to
accurately and efficiently use electronic medical records
* Strong communication skills including concentration, ability to
learn, and good listening.
* Accurate problem solving, organization, time management, and math
* Ability to interact in a personal and professional manner with at
all levels with internal and external customers.
* Knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental
needs of the population age groups that will be receiving
* Ability to remain calm in emergency or crisis situations and
provide adequate assistance.
* Valid drivers license in the state you reside, acceptable driving
record, reliable vehicle, and proof of valid auto insurance per
*LEVEL I ACCESS*Protects access of Personal Health Information
specific to the patients assigned to them for the purposes of
screenings, consultations, evaluations, mandatory site-specific
meetings, chart audits, payment and health care operations and
therapy.*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS*While
performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently
required to talk and hear; stand and walk; bend and/or kneel;
squat, balance, and/or crawl; reach above shoulder level; push,
pull, and/or twist up to 100lbs; walk up/down stairs; lift and/or
carry up to 100lbs and occasionally more than 100lbs; and use fine
dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
being able to read documents, read computer screen, and observe
work space. Specific hearing abilities required by the job include
being able to hear in a moderately loud work environment (open area
with multiple people conversing). Job includes risk of biohazard
(i.e. blood borne pathogen). Works in limited space with equipment
or exposed to equipment not conducive to pacemakers. Job requires
use of protective equipment including but not limited to gown,
gloves, and face protection.
Job Type: Full-time
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Mj Care Inc, La Crosse , Speech-Language Pathologist, LTC, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!