Company: Ace Hardware
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: November 19, 2022
RSC Human Resources Supervisor
About This Role
As a strategic partner, the HR Supervisor is responsible for
driving the HR department goals and objectives in alignment with
the overall goals and objectives of the Retail Support Center. The
HR Supervisor serves as a consultant to management on Human
Resource related issues. Successful HR Supervisor will act as
employee champion and change agent. HR Supervisor assesses and
anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively to
the HR Manager, the HR Supervisor seeks to develop integrated
solutions. The HR Supervisor formulates partnerships across the HR
function, in both the RSC and Ace Corporate to deliver value added
service to management and employees that reflect the business
objectives of the organization. The HR Supervisor maintains an
effective level of business literacy about the retail support
center's financial position, its goals and objectives and its
culture as well as outside trends that may impact the business.
Will provide HR supervision and presence for 2nd and 3rd shifts in
the retail support center.
What You'll Do
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence,
Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Consult with Retail Support management to assist in providing
HR guidance on 2nd and 3rd shift. Advises management in appropriate
resolution of employee relations issues. Consults with HR Manager
to ensure solutions comply with policies and laws.
- Conducts thorough employee relations investigations and
determine and/or recommend the best corrective action for each
situation. Consults with HR Manager to ensure solutions comply with
polices and laws.
- Create a positive employee relations environment which enhances
strong employee relations and high-level performance and lead by
- Conduct New Hire Orientation, 15/30/45-day new hire check-in's,
stay interviews, STOP observations, and round tables for 2nd and
3rd shift employees
- Recruiting for exempt and non-exempt roles, as needed
- Provide assistance and management of LOA's and worker's
compensation claims for 2nd and 3rd shift employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current employment laws and maintains
- Responsible for benefits on the 2nd and 3rd shift including,
new hire benefits orientation, life events, open enrollment,
401(k), notifications and Dr's notes.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent
- PHR/SPHR desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive HR experience
- Ability to multitask and work well in the high-pressured
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to create
effective relationships throughout the organization with both rank
& file as well as upper management.
- Successful and demonstrated HR generalist experience with
proven track record in compensation practices, organizational
development, employee relations, diversity, performance management,
federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proven presentation and training experience, focus group
- Solid knowledge and experience with investigative /
- Excellent consulting skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to influence,
gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to
address business issues.
$59000 to $74000
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love,
Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility.
Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate
statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us.
They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace
retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also
offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and
perks, many of which expand and improve year after year,
- Semi-Monthly Pay
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid
company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being
paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- 18 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the
first year) and 9 paid holidays
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and
disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company
contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over
the past 5 years
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on
development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led
courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a
performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be
part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses
thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our
employees in doing the same by offering our employees opportunities
to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful
Fund through the Ace Foundation.
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands
like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel,
fitness, computers and thousands more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to
therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and
childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware,
they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at
their local store. However, have you also considered the people
behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the
invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd
like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of
their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware
Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a
policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company
recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills
and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each
individual and the organization. The company is committed to the
prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion,
color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran
status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal
or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job
posting, but could be higher based on education and experience.
Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the
minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an
individual's education, training and experience, the position's
work location, required travel (if any), and external market
conditions when determining the final salary for potential new
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job
boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range
offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position
description for the accurate starting pay range information and
feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if
you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all
aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the
basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace
Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties,
including essential job functions, according to business
Keywords: Ace Hardware, La Crosse , HR Supervisor, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!