Building Performance & Systems Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 17, 2022
At -we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including and - - create
access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and
protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated
performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce
energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better
world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a
sustainable world.Job Summary--- This Building Performance &
Systems Engineer -promotes HVAC solutions through the application
and support of cutting-edge commercial building HVAC design &
simulation software developed by Trane. - Additionally, this role
provides consistent, reliable and accurate engineering support and
training to the Trane Commercial Systems' organization
(headquarters and field sales operations) and directly to external
customers. - Reducing the energy intensity of the world is at the
core of what the Trane Systems team is all about. - Click to see
more information about the powerful software tools we develop and
how they are help make buildings more cost effective and energy
efficient!Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added): -
- Lead or assist in the product development of new or enhanced
building design or simulation programs that properly position Trane
products, systems, solutions and services.
- Provide consistent, reliable and accurate in-depth technical
support on Trane software for internal & external customers via
telephone, email, fax and online support.
- Lead or assist in project studies involving advanced building
simulations that properly position Trane products, systems,
solutions and service.
- Answer - or find answers to -
-marketing/technical/systems/applications questions when requested
by peers or internal & external customers.
- Apply HVAC fundamentals to solve complex building
- Handle all details of assigned projects from inception to
completion within mutually agreed-upon timeframes.
- Prepare - or assist in the preparation of - promotional and
technical materials required for new or redesigned software
- Translate customer feedback into prioritized development
- Provide training to internal & external customers on the use of
Trane engineering software tools.
- Travel to district offices, corporate/industry events and
customer sites in support of C.D.S. (Customer Direct Services)
products and services. - This will include formal presentations and
individual discussions of technical HVAC topics.
- Host and/or lead discussions as a part of customer visits.
- 10 - 20% travel required.
- Will be required to successfully complete (unless already
completed) the Trane Graduate Training Program (GTP). Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
- Experience in product marketing, product support, applications
engineering or product management is a plus. Key Competencies:
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite and other Windows
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are
- Capable of grasping technical/engineering details to provide
solutions for customers.
- Knowledge of HVAC products and systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial building construction industry is a
- Must be an innovative self-starter, capable of setting and
meeting goals and deadlines as well as making critical business
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a team
- Must be eager to expand responsibilities.
- Experience with software development is a plus. We offer
competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs
that help our employees thrive in both their professional and
personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's
possible for a sustainable world.Annual Compensation Range is
$51,000 to $105,000. - Disclaimer: - This salary range is based on
US national averages. - Actual pay is a result of
seniority/experience level, merit and geographic location where the
actual work is performed. -We are committed to achieving workforce
diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Building Performance & Systems Engineer, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!