HRIS Support Specialist - RH
Company: Reyes Holdings
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The HRIS Support Specialist provides the first level of support
within the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) structure.
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance
of the HRIS systems. HRIS represents the databases, software and
computer systems that the company uses to maintain their human
resources: timecards, payroll, time off, employee records,
benefits, and more. During scheduled shifts, this individual serves
as the queue monitor of the HRIS ticketing system and provides
technical support, ensuring data integrity, testing of system
changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement
opportunities. Duties involve independent judgment and discretion
on issues that may be sensitive or confidential in nature.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
1. Production Support - Level I+
- Provide a minimum of tier-one support for HRIS including, but
not limited to, monitoring the ticketing system queue; researching
and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results, or process flaws;
performing scheduled activities; reviewing and correcting system
audits; performing user security setup; recommending solutions or
alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Troubleshoot and correct basic SQL code used in reporting,
interfaces, stored procedures, and jobs on an as needed basis and
while following the HRIS Change Management process.
- Run and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing the
appropriate reporting tools.
- There is an expectation that this person will be on-call on a
rotating basis with the other HRIS Support Team members. 2. System
- Review and test HRIS system upgrades or patches.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate
application of upgrade or fix.
- Document processes and results.
- Ensure security of HR and Payroll information through
established security protocols. 3. Training and Documentation
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
- Train system users on new processes/functionality.
- Train new system users and new Support team members. 4.
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and
- Continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS
application/tools knowledge, through classes, reading, CBTs, or
other mechanisms.Other projects and duties as assignedRequired
Skills and Experience:
- Two-year degree in information technology, human resources, or
other related field; OR High School Diploma and two years of
similar HRIS/IT helpdesk or similar experience.
- On-call and holiday rotations with other HRIS Support Team
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of the
- Strong customer orientation with a sense of urgency in getting
- Effective critical thinking with the ability to review numbers,
trends, and data to come to new conclusions based on the
- Ability to handle sensitive information/data while maintaining
high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Highly focused attention to detail; vigilant in data analysis
to arrive at correct conclusions.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to adapt to an
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present findings
or translate the data into an understandable document; must be able
to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex
- Must have an aptitude for learning and taking on new tasks as
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in information technology, human resources, or
- Knowledge of HR and Payroll processes and terminology.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems Kronos, UltiPro, and/or
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active
participation in system-related projects.
- Proficiency in reporting systems like Cognos, SSRS, or
- Proficient in SQL and various reporting tools.
- Experience in HRIS.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature
of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules,
order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of
Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job
functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able
to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should
contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any,
reasonable accommodation may be made.As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Holdings, La Crosse , HRIS Support Specialist - RH, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!