Quality Assurance Intern
Company: Agropur MSI
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 7, 2022
For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your
Workday Home Page.
Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where
simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the
management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You
too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within
and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join
our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy
processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning
cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and
diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur's 10 US-based, SQF
Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food,
beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically
integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in
the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract
manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World."
What this role is all about:
We are looking for Quality Assurance Internsin La Crosse, WI
The Quality Assurance Intern works closely with the Quality
Assurance and Laboratory Leadership team on various tasks and
projects to maintain consistency in company protocols and
procedures. This position assists in helping maintain Agropur's
commitment to food safety & quality by monitoring and verifying
production parameters in accordance with the Quality programs. The
Quality Assurance Intern may report to any member of the Plant
Leadership Team, but typically to a Quality Assurance Manager,
supervisor or Plant Manager. The responsibilities of the Quality
Assurance Intern will vary based on assignments and department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold Agropur's Food Safety, Quality and Employee Safety
requirements at all times.
- Learn and assist with conducting routine Quality Inspections
related to food production: Finished Product quality, regulatory,
compliance, pest control, employee GMPs, training compliance and
- Learn and assist with conducting pre-operational and routine
- Assist with executing QA Hold/Release functions on incoming Raw
ingredients, packaging and Finished Products.
- Learn to anticipate, trouble shoot, and resolve problems with
good manufacturing practices and/or sanitation quickly.
- Collect samples for equipment, environmental and in-process
- Review documentation as it relates to food safety requirements
and facility policies.
- Perform documentation review and inspection of all raw
materials, packaging and finished product.
- Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or
with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
- Acquire current knowledge and understanding of regulations,
industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable
laws related to Quality Assurance in a dairy manufacturing
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to
run an efficient Quality department.
- Actively meet and speak with Quality employees to learn the
various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
- Learn to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining
- Successfully pass any assessments or tests required to work
within the Quality Assurance department.
- Present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of
internship, if applicable.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Currently enrolled in an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree
or Master's program in a Dairy Science, Food Science, Chemistry -
or Agricultural Science-related program as a candidate for
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
What we offer you:
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness,
Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for future employment opportunities at
- Training program
- Community Involvement
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual
Keywords: Agropur MSI, La Crosse , Quality Assurance Intern, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!