Home Health - Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Recover Health is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare
family of companies.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Serving La Crosse and the surrounding
Hours: Full time available
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year,
and through a series of exciting acquisitions we’ve expanded the
scope of our business into home health and hospice.
As an Aveanna Physical Therapy Assistant you
will utilize your clinical expertise to provide skilled education,
treatment, and interventions as directed by the Physician in the
home health plan of care. You will collaborate with
interdisciplinary team members, receiving and providing pertinent
updates to optimize patient well-being.
Why Join our Team?
A Physical Therapy Assistant career with Aveanna in the home
health setting offers schedule flexibility, one-on-one care and the
opportunity to make a real difference. We bring patients the care
and support they need to live independently and safely in their
place of residence, where they want to be.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of
physical therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of
- Communicates with and regularly updates the patient and/or
caregiver regarding the plan of care.
- Provides skilled therapy services, treatments and procedures as
appropriate for the patient’s care and safety.
- Reports observations of the patient’s condition to the
designated supervisor(s), and/or the patient’s physician, as
- Treats clients to relieve pain and/or develop or restore
function to maintain maximum performance.
- Provides skilled teaching to the patients, family members, and
caregivers regarding the safe use of prosthetic, orthotic and
assistive devices (i.e., canes, walkers, wheelchairs,
- Educates patients and caregivers in carry over regarding issues
concerning rehabilitation and adaptation techniques needed for
- Collaborates with other service disciplines to discuss the
patient plan of care.
- Plans for client’s discharge, prepares discharge instructions,
and communicates discharge plan with patients, family members, and
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related
tasks and duties as assigned.
- Complies with ethical and professional standards of conduct as
set forth by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Ensures confidentiality of patient records/information.
Observes, records, and reports (1) signs and symptoms; (2)
reactions to treatments and medications; and (3) any change in the
patient’s physical or emotional condition to the patient’s
physician and to the RN on the case if applicable, on a timely
- Records clinical and progress notes at the time of the visit to
ensure continuity of qualitative patient care on a timely
- Completes daily report and any required documentation in a
timely fashion to ensure agency operating schedules.
- Maintains consistent attendance.
- Submits all credentials in a timely manner.
- Performs all responsibilities in a professional manner
- Gradation from a Physical Therapist Assistant education program
from an accredited university/program.
- Current, unrestricted state license as a Physical Therapy
Assistant in the state of practice
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation
and compliance with policies and procedures
- Has a current WI state PTA license
- Proven relationship builder
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Experience in Home Health Therapy
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Applicants Residing in California
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, La Crosse , Home Health - Physical Therapy Assistant, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!