Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 12, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Instrument Technician is a
member of the Commercial HVAC Engineering Laboratory Instrument and
Metrology Services (IMS) Team located in La Crosse, WI. This
role is committed to providing technical support to advance
measurement capability and data quality, for the NA Commercial HVAC
Laboratories. As part of the Laboratory IMS Team, you will
work closely with all other Lab Teams to fully comply with all UL
and ISO regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with all Lab team members to ensure the safe,
accurate, and on-time completion of development testing.
- Install, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair various
types of electronic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation.
- Apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics,
and electronics to calibrate devices in the electrical, electronic,
dimensional, physical, mechanical, and/or environmental disciplines
to ensure measurement accuracy.
- Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedures and
- Provide technical assistance on instrumentation related issues
to customers and team members.
- Work closely with customers to coordinate and execute periodic
maintenance and calibration.
- Be an active part of a culture that promotes ethical practices
and legal compliance, encourages customer service, individual
integrity, safety, teamwork, and employee innovation and
- Associate Degree in instrumentation, electro-mechanical, or
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial instrumentation and
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of visual management and Lean
- Proficient MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
- A working knowledge of measurement and control equipment
(electrical, electronic, and pneumatic), data acquisition, and
- Experience with ISO 17025 & ANSI/NCLS Z540 preferred.
- Understands the importance of putting the customer first and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
- Ability to work directly with customers and cross functional
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability
to work in a team environment and build cross-functional
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Instrument Technician, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!