Senior Marketing Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands –
including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This Marketing Engineer role
provides in-depth technical and strategic sales support for Trane’s
industry-leading chiller portfolio, executes marketing
communication that promotes sustainability, efficiency, and
reliability in large applied HVAC systems, and advises how chillers
can be used in the electrification/decarbonization of HVAC systems
to improve energy efficiency levels. The position applies good oral
and written communication skills to clearly communicate with
customers and Trane personnel.
Core Job Responsibilities
(others may be added):
- Provide technical and marketing/sales support to the Trane
sales field organization through phone/email support, direct
customer interaction, new product development, marketing content,
and customer factory visits.
- Travel to sales offices, corporate events, and customer sites
in support of Trane chiller equipment, including formal
presentations, sales discussions, and supporting tradeshows.
- Establish product lines’ “selling story.” Ensure that the field
sales support department, appropriate business unit functional
areas, and field sales force are familiar with the “selling
- Understanding competitors' products and strategies and
effectively communicate this information with the field,
department, and other functional areas.
- Participate in creative thinking, team decision-making and
problem solving with cross-functional teams
- Price equipment on projects and assist in bid strategies.
- Provide marketing/technical/systems/applications support to
peers, the sales field organization and external customers.
- Participate/lead in projects that relate to new product
development, developing marketing/promotional/technical content,
and improving sales tools
- Support a professional field and customer focused environment,
with measurements in place to track performance and improve the
- Support Trane Select Assist software by assisting the sales
field organization with configuring equipment and develop software
requirements that improve the software’s capabilities.
- Train new field sales engineers that participate in the Trane
Graduate Training Program
- Position requires up to 20% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent engineering work
experience is required
- 3-5 years of engineering-related work experience is
Essential Skills or
- Tactfulness and assertiveness; must be effective and clear
decision-maker under pressure situations; able to communicate
effectively with field (customers, sales assistants and sales
engineers) and internal customers.
- Aggressive, success-oriented, self-starter and able to manage
time and priorities in order to meet specific goals and
- Highly developed and demonstrated interpersonal and
communication skills and team-player skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- PC and end user computer use (Excel, Word, Power Point,
Cloud-based Selection Software).
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Senior Marketing Engineer, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!