Controls Algorithm Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: September 8, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Do you want to help save the planet?
Do you want to directly contribute
to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon
footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader
in creating comfortable, sustainable, and efficient environments,
it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at
Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do
business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our
strategy and influences how we make every decision.
If you are someone who:
- Loves engineering and solving tough technical challenges
through collaboration with others
- Is passionate about understanding customers and committed to
solving real problems they face
- Cares about our planet and wants to be part of a team helping
to make it a better place for all
- Welcomes challenges, whether that means new technologies,
creating innovative solutions or digging in and just making
And would like to be part of an
- Is strong, established, and committed to making a difference in
the world by leveraging the power of their multi-billion dollar
- Fosters creative thinking.
- Demands to be challenged by its employees and supports our team
members’ desire to increase their skillset.
- Supports the community within the organization and the
community outside the organization.
Then read on!
We are hiring for an experienced
Control Algorithm Engineer to join our Trane
team in La Crosse WI, on the beautiful Mississippi
River or in Clarksville, TN. This team is
creating the next generation, industry leading HVAC equipment
controls. Our customers know Trane’s reputation to deliver
industry leading, energy efficient and reliable solutions to
minimize operating costs while reducing environmental impact to the
world. Here are some of the specifics:
- We have great experience in our domain and we want you to bring
your views, opinions, and perspectives to our team. You will
learn things about our business that you might not have even
- We have strong technical leadership, we want you to bring your
expertise and perspective, and your desire to learn.
- We exist for our customers, and through our relationships with
our customers, we intend to change the world.
- Work with product management and application engineering to
understand product requirements
- Develop control strategies and algorithms to meet or exceed
- Develop technical specifications to be used by the team for
software development and verification
- Utilize effective communication techniques to help team members
understand and implement the design strategy
- Lead dynamic controls testing: test planning, lab support,
- Develop and execute hardware in loop testing (real time data
- Advance model driven development methods
- Able to travel overnight; less than 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related) or Master’s
- 2+ years of control theory experience
- Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear
control, digital filtering)
- Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory,
model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive
- System modeling expertise required. (Proficiency with
Matlab Simulink, and optionally Stateflow)
- Understanding of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid
- Computer skills C, C++ with ability to learn new
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Experience with product development processes preferred
- Experience with HVAC Systems and Components preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with others both written and
- Mobility within the office. Frequent keyboarding. Ability
to travel to Trane Business Locations
We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive
in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our
winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We
share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly
challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Controls Algorithm Engineer, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!