Company: Festival Foods
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Grocery Stocker
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Grocery Department Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and
procedures are being followed and that department goals are being
obtained. Contributes to store sales and profitability by
effectively managing all aspects of the Grocery Department such as
stock levels, inventory, and guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that product is within date, rotated and properly
displayed according to the assigned planogram.
- Provides exceptional guest service on the sales floor by
greeting, acknowledge & reacting to guest needs.
- Assists with unloading product from pallets and organizes stock
- Ensures proper presentation of products on the store shelves
and in cases.
- Observes sales floor conditions; takes action to correct areas
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate
pricing on products received and sold.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with Store Director,
Grocery Department Manager and all Grocery associates to maintain
standards and exceed guest expectations.
- Assists guests with locating items on and off the sales floor,
providing product suggestions and alternatives when
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is
not satisfied with the service or product received.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by
sanitizing, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and
sales floor as needed.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity
expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work
schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to
communicate effectively to a diverse crew in a fast-paced
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company
safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter
- Ability to use the following equipment: power jack, walk behind
lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for
long periods of time; work in a cooler, walk in the store; bend,
stoop and kneel regularly.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in
order to lift product. Requires the ability to perform repetitive
tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually
monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on
an occasional basis.
The Grocery Clerk I is a part-time, hourly position. The work
schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of
skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent
a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods
believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates,
products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our
guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented
Keywords: Festival Foods, La Crosse , Grocery Clerk, Other , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!