Software Developer - RFS
Company: Reinhart Food Service
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: February 4, 2019
Position Summary:The Software Developer will be responsible for web application development in VB.Net or C# and experience writing queries in a relational database. This position will assist a small team of developers in coding and modifying custom business applications and reports.Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Design, develop and implement business applications using current technologies.
- Develop design documents such as technical specifications, functional requirements, object modules, system test plans, technical and user documentation.
- Ensure successful completion of projects.
- Provide support to maintain existing Intranet, Extranet and Internet sites and applications
- Document process flows.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Develop small to medium scale applications with low complexity.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Information Systems, Management Information System, Computer Science with at least 6 months of work experience or course work in software development.
- Exposure to development language such as .NET or Java
- Exposure to database design
- Exposure to multi-tier development, process flows, use cases, UML
- Strong debugging skills
- Understanding of Object Orientated Principles
- Exposure to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) principles
- Ability to set and meet deadlines on projects
- The ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication, including strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical 'speak' to a non-technical audience
- Desire to pursue career in Application Development
- Ability to self-teach new IT technologies
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Management Information System, Computer Science.Physical Demands and Work Environment:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Food Service, La Crosse , Software Developer - RFS, IT / Software / Systems , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!