Company: Torrance Casting
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 22, 2023
The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the
overall development, direction, coordination, and evaluation of
human resource functions.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities of the Human
Resource Generalist and the Administrative Assistant.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend, develop, and implement HR strategies and initiatives
that align with overall business strategy.
- Lead and direct routine functions of the human resource
- Identifies requirements and regulations affecting HR functions;
consults with legal counsel to ensure policies and practices comply
with federal and state laws.
- Provide advice and counseling to supervisors and
- Administer human resource information system(s) (HRIS) that
meets the organization's personnel needs.
- Oversees maintenance, communication, and legal compliance of
- Prepares monthly human resource budget.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department
initiatives in relation to goals; makes recommendations for
Recruitment & Selection
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention
- Oversee recruitment and selection process for all positions to
include identification of vacancies; revise and write job
descriptions; develop recruitment and selection criteria; contract
with outside employment firms.
- Develop and evaluate applicant assessment tests.
Training & Development
- Plan and oversee new employee orientation to foster a positive
attitude toward goals.
- Develop and administer performance review program.
- Partner with managers and supervisors to analyze training
- Obtains, creates, and conducts training and development
programs and objectives.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, and others involved
in employee development efforts.
- Partner with senior management to recommend, develop, and
implement succession planning.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee
Compensation & Benefits
- Analyze and recommend compensation and benefits strategies to
remain competitive and ensure compliance with legal
- Oversee the classification and wage progression of job
- Plan and administer benefit programs such as health, dental,
life, supplemental insurance, disability, 401(k), leaves of
absence, and employee assistance. Responsibilities include: records
management and government reporting, claim resolutions, invoice
reconciliation, and approval; evaluation of participation and
cost-effectiveness; periodic employee benefits satisfaction
- Partner with the EHS Manager to evaluate the Workman's
Compensation and Return to Work programs and assist with claim
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as
uniforms, food vending, transportation, or relocation services.
- Address Union contract grievances and other human resource
policy concerns and employee relations issues; conduct workplace
investigations, as necessary.
- Provide workplace training on policies to minimize complaints
and mitigate risk (antiharassment, workplace violence,
- Participate in Union contract negotiations; interpret labor
contracts; provide information to employees on the collective
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate or as directed by the
President & or CEO.
- Represent the organization at personnel hearings and
Other Duties as Assigned
Four-year degree in Human Resources or related field; SHRM or HRCI
certification a plus. Five years of human resource practice.
Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Bilingual in
English and Spanish preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of HR administration.
- State and Federal Employment Law.
- Employee benefit plans and record-keeping administration for
COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, EEO, Affirmative Action.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office components including
Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills: Ability to analyze, evaluate,
monitor, design, develop and implement projects.
- Computer software (MS Office).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills to identify and resolve in a
- Team-oriented, ethical, and trustworthy.
- Coach, train, and develop others.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate improvements.
- Balance multiple tasks.
- Supervise and direct activities of others.
- Work all shifts for training and to meet employee needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work
regularly be required to sit at a desk, use a computer, talk, and
hear using a telephone, utilize a printer, copier, and other office
equipment. Filing is necessary and would require the ability to
lift files, open cabinets, bend, squat, stand on a step stool as
They are frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle,
or feel; reach with hands bend or move and lift to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee typically works in an office environment, however, as
needed could find themselves in the plant to observe or evaluate
production. The noise level in the work environment varies from
quiet in office areas to very loud in the manufacturing
environment. Employees may encounter frequent interruptions
throughout the workday.
TYPICAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT
Safety glasses and hearing protection are provided and necessary
for any work conducted in the plant.
Torrance Casting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Torrance Casting, La Crosse , HR MANAGER, Human Resources , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!