Company: Compass Group
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: May 18, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time COOK position.
- Location: Mayo Clinic La Crosse - 700 West Avenue South, La
Crosse, WI 54601 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Every other weekend. Hours and
days may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous experience preferred.
- Starting Pay: $18.00 per hour Positions at this location
require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular
COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a
position for this location may be asked about their vaccination
status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All
religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions
regarding vaccination status will be considered. Make a difference
in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a
culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are
filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare
Take a look for yourself at the !
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food
to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their
cafes to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients.
Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health
systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional,
and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the
healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time
and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine
in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team members. Job Summary
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state
and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Morrison
Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the followingbenefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Morrison Healthcare maintains a
drug-free workplace.Req ID: 1178161
Keywords: Compass Group, La Crosse , COOK (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...