Retail Assistant Store Manager
Company: Duluth Trading Company
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Purpose of PositionThe Duluth Trading Company Assistant Store
Manager ensures they lead their store team in delivering the Duluth
Brand experience daily. The Assistant manager will lead the focus
on achieving KPI's through proper hiring, staff development,
merchandise presentation, operational excellence, inventory
controls and loss prevention.What You'll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is
growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who
are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding
nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!What You'll Do: Sales and Goals
- Demonstrates leadership in driving sales and profitability by
achieving financial goals.
- Lead KPI initiatives through Associate training and
- Leads and maintains merchandise presentation according to
Visual Merchandising standards and current floor-set and product
messaging, in addition to maintaining all current sales promotions.
- Personally demonstrates high level of customer engagement and
sets expectations for team. Understands the customer is the center
of what we do.
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and
comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented,
friendly service to customers. Leads team in doing the same.
- Partners with Store Manager on developing optimum staffing
levels and floor coverage to engage the customer.
- Ensures customer profile information is accurately
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor,
stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap and hospitality area. Human
- Partners with Store Manager to recruit, hire, train, motivate
and lead employees.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity and company values when
- Exhibits sound decision-making skills and performs with a
minimum of supervision; is solution based.
- Provides clear and consistent feedback to employees on a
- Assists Store Manager in ensuring all Human Resource protocols
and documentation are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Store and employee files are maintained according to all
- Assist in goal setting process for Store leadership team
- Adheres to all Company guidelines, policies and programs and
sets a positive example.
- Is receptive and responsive to feedback.
- Identifies problems and opportunities to discuss with Store
Manager. Store Operations:
- Understands inventory and expense control.
- Leads team in handling of merchandise receipts and transfers
quickly and accurately.
- Leads team in the visual merchandising of sales floor.
- Understands, executes and trains all cash handling and
- Properly processes all register functions and ensures they are
correctly followed in store.
- Ensures store is secured; responds to any alarms as
- Ensures safety of employees and customers. Communicate concerns
to Store Manager or Human Resources.What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's
degree with a focus in Business Administration and /or
- Three years retail experience with a minimum of one year
management experience. Retail Management preferred.
- Specialty retail leadership experience a plus
- Customer centric.
- Able to adapt in a growing and changing environment.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make good
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Exemplifies high standard of integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and
- Performs other duties as directed.Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting - below waist and
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand to finger motions
and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up
to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 80 degrees - especially
in our stock room areas.
- Able to use common tools such as hammer, screw driver, and
wrench for floor sets.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.Who
We Are:We are a "no bull" brand that started in 1989 and we provide
apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites
such as our Ballroom - Jeans featuring "crouch without the ouch,"
Buck Naked--- Underwear and our Longtail T - Shirts that hide
"plumber's butt" reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading's success is creating one-of-a-kind
men's and women's clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets
while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek
want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things
better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company
that knows where it's going.The responsibilities outlined in this
position description are a guideline for the general duties of the
position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the
Keywords: Duluth Trading Company, La Crosse , Retail Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!