Lab Facilities Controls Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
This Lab Facilities Controls Engineer is responsible to unite the
principles of electronics, mechanics, and controls to develop
sophisticated, economical and reliable automated HVAC test
facilities in a new product development laboratory environment.
This position will also analyze and troubleshoot existing control
systems and facility issues to provide timely and cost effective
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Work with facilities and lab engineering to design electrical
and control systems for new product test facilities to support
development needs of Trane Commercial HVAC products.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for existing lab test
facility control system issues.
- Develop and maintain PLC software for facility controls
- Lead and support advancement of new technologies to improve
throughput and control of lab test facilities to improve speed of
new product development.
- Follow good engineering practices and develop practical
solutions to resolve testing related issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
to support testing functions and facility's needs.
- Less than 20% travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least 2 years of
experience in product test, product development, test stand
controls (or equivalent) is required.
- Ability to strategically plan and execute facility capital
- 2D/3D CAD experience preferred.
- Ability to program in Ladder logic, structured text or function
block diagram formats.
- RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming experience preferred.
- Results-oriented with a strong customer focus.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good
communication skills and ability to multitask in a high output
- Working knowledge of control system design in a testing and
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able
to work independently and cooperatively in cross-functional team
- Must have ability to quickly and efficiently understand,
condense, and organize information necessary to make engineering
- Proficient in the understanding application of engineering
models and theories, basic statistical techniques, problem solving
and prevention, project management and planning tools, process
management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual
- Ability to influence without authority, excellent negotiation
and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse , Lab Facilities Controls Engineer, Healthcare , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!