Health Assistant- Seasonal
Company: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Health Assistant-Part Time or Full Time Seasonal
Are you looking for a rewarding adventure this summer? Girl Scouts is looking for a Health Assistant to assist in the delivery of health care during summer camp season. The successful candidate will be a licensed CNA, LPN, RN, emergency medical technician, paramedic, or physician's assistant in the state of Wisconsin who's passionate about the care of patients. Share your leadership talents and your desire to develop a high performance team with the world's largest leadership organization. Make a difference in the lives of the girls, parents, and staff this summer!
LEARN MORE AND APPLY TODAY!
Email cover letter and resume to Kathy, Director of Human Resources at "> or complete an online application at . Candidates who apply on or before February 28, 2019 will be given priority consideration.
POSITION SUMMARY Supporting the Health Supervisor in accordance with Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoints, Girl Scout Safety Guidelines, Risk Management at Girl Scout Councils, WI State Health Code (DHS175), and American Camp Association standards, the Health Assistant will assisting ongoing health care in camp including dispensing medication, treatments, and advising campers and staff in self-care. This role requires an exceptional bedside manner, with the ability to manage multiple task requiring attention to the detail.
- You'll receive personalized, supplemental training prior to working with participants.
- You'll develop critical resume building skills and impactful, relevant job experience.
- You'll receive a highly competitive seasonal camp salary of $255 per week with lodging and meals included.
- You'll be working in a collaborative team-driven environment which will enhance your leadership skills.
- You'll be working alongside and potentially develop lifelong friendships with others from around the world.
- You'll be making a transformational difference-your job will be mission focused, meaningful work in the outdoors, supporting today's girls! MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Adherence to medical guidelines, health and cleanliness standards and adequate health conditions for all based on health safety and program standards according to DHS 175 and Girl Scouts USA.
- Under the direction of Health Supervisor and per the health care standing orders, give first aid in cases of illness or accident.
- Report serious illnesses and accidents to the appropriate parties as outlined by the health procedures. Submit appropriate reports in time specified.
- Assist in training staff in providing basic overnight health care related support to campers.
- Administer and record all intake and delivery of medications and health care provided. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- ? Attend and participate in all required pre-camp staff training and assist with the opening and closing of camp, including storage of equipment and final inventory in area of responsibility.
- ? Participate in and lead specific areas of virtual and on-site staff training regarding camp health and safety, CPR, First Aid, and the use of universal precautions for infection control.
- ? Participate in pre-camp CampDocs orientation.
- ? Assist in the preparation of the camp Health Center prior to the start of camp including cleaning and sanitizing the facility, and stocking first aid supplies and current OTC medications.
- ? Support the effective health screenings for arriving campers and staff.
- ? Participate in ongoing inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies.
- ? Make appointments for campers or staff as necessary with medical and dental personnel in the community.
- ? Provide nursing care and emergency care to campers and staff.
- ? Maintain regular hours for administration of daily medications and health call.
- ? Lead by example and instruct campers and staff in effective self-care techniques.
- ? Interpret and maintain local, state, American Camp Association, and Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. standards for health and safety.
- ? Keep records and make reports as needed using the CampDoc.com electronic records system.
- ? Communicate camper care with parents following guidelines set by Badgerland Council, and in communication with the Camp Director and the Director of Girl Leadership.
- ? Assist in camper units as needed.
- ? Assist with the closing procedures of camp including final inventory and safe storage of Health Center supplies and equipment.
- ? In coordination with the Health Supervisor, support in-service training and run emergency drills throughout the summer ensuring effective emergency response.
- ? Eat with campers, help supervise meals and clean up.
- ? Observe daily cleanliness in the food service facility and other areas throughout camp.
- ? Oversee the Camp CleanBug Awards Program
- ? Report any health problems or symptoms of illness to the Camp Director.
- ? All other duties as assigned COMPETENCIES
Interpersonal Relations, Judgment and Decision Making, Team Building, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Camper/Staff Responsiveness, Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct, Self-Management, Time Management, Adaptability, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Information Management, Organizational Knowledge, Networking, Parent/Volunteer Relations, Project Management, Creativity, Attention to Detail, Enthusiasm.
- Experience in teaching, guiding and working with children.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Wisconsin certification as a licensed CAN, LPN, RN, practical nurse, physician's assistant, physician, emergency medical technician, paramedic, or hold current American Red Cross Emergency Responder, Responding to Emergencies, or Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Public health, school nursing, or pediatric nursing experience desirable.
- Ability to reach remote locations of camp property quickly, lift/assist campers and staff and first aid equipment, if necessary.
- Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work irregular hours in a rustic outdoor environment and through possible irregular weather conditions.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly requires the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
- Be or become Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certified 2/1/2019
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland, La Crosse , Health Assistant- Seasonal, Healthcare , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!