HVAC Laboratory Product Development Technician
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Trane Technologies™ and through our businesses including
Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an on-site
position in our Engineering Test Laboratory (Lab) as an HVAC
Laboratory Product Development Technician II. Your primary function
in this position is testing parts for New Product Development
(NPD), Sustainability, and Quality Improvement projects, in
addition to some agency compliance. Your Technician role will
support Trane Commercial Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
(HVAC) products. The position requires problem-solving,
troubleshooting, and collaboration with other Lab and Engineering
team members to ensure timely completion of
- Work safely and maintain a safe work area in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
- Support product development activities by operating Commercial
HVAC equipment, controlling test facilities, and collecting
experimental test data, with guidance from senior laboratory
- Lead or assist with installation, modification, and build of
developmental Commercial HVAC equipment and components, following
engineering, agency, and test requirements.
- Work with Test Engineering and other Technicians to install and
utilize laboratory test equipment including data acquisition
systems, power analyzers, flow equipment, pressure, and temperature
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of Trane Commercial
HVAC facilities and equipment.
- An associate's Degree in HVAC from an accredited school and at
least 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- EPA Type Universal Certification or willingness to become
- Strong grasp of refrigeration-related thermodynamic principles
and mechanical troubleshooting is required.
- Demonstrates basic to advanced knowledge of mechanical and
electrical components and their principles, properties, and
theories Proficient understanding of schematics, reading and
interpreting engineering drawings, technical reports, safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow current work instructions and
applicable test standards.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
complex variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to
speak and listen effectively before groups of customers or
employees in the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , HVAC Laboratory Product Development Technician, Healthcare , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!