Lab Technician III
Company: Commercial HVAC NA and EMEA
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: March 14, 2020
Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Lab
Specialist in our Engineering Test Laboratory in La Crosse,
Wisconsin. The primary duty is testing in support of new product
development, sustainability, quality improvement projects and
agency compliance. The Specialist is responsible for tests in the
Lab that produce qualifying performance and safety test data on
Commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (CHVAC)
products. A high level of problem-solving, troubleshooting,
organization, and collaboration is required. This position works
closely with Engineering and other lab personnel to complete
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Work safely and maintain a safe work area in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
- Provide end-to-end concept and validation testing including
planning, unit, instrumentation and data acquisition setup, and
testing in accordance with approved test plan and agency standards
with guidance from test engineer or senior technician for Trane
Commercial HVAC products.
- Support the fabrication, assembly, and validation of laboratory
facilities and product prototypes.
- Provide testing input during test planning stages and design
feedback to engineering teams during and after testing
- Independently troubleshoot and diagnose common test problems
while increasing technical skills and knowledge of Trane products
- Drive for continuous improvement. Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in HVAC or Electromechanical (or equivalent)
and at least 8 years of relevant work experience in a related field
- EPA Type I & II certification or willingness to become
certified. Key Competencies:
- Strong grasp of refrigeration-related thermodynamic principles
and mechanical troubleshooting required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety
of complex variables in situations where only limited
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word,
Outlook) required, with desire to learn basic programming in Visual
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge on mechanical and electrical
components and their principles, properties, and theories.
- Proficient understanding of schematics, reading and
interpreting engineering drawings, technical reports, safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to
speak and listen effectively before groups of customers or
employees in the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to operate power hand tools, band saw, drill press,
grinder etc. and work from lifts, scaffolds, and ladders. May
physically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds with provided machinery and personnel. Must conduct affairs
of the company and interact with suppliers and customers in a
professional and ethical manner at all times.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Commercial HVAC NA and EMEA, La Crosse , Lab Technician III, Healthcare , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!