Director of International and Intercultural Student Success - La Crosse
Company: Viterbo University
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: November 24, 2019
Viterbo University is accepting applications for a Director of
International and Intercultural Student Success. This is 12-month,
Full-time,--salaried position.--Primary Function: Primary
administrative responsibility for leading the support and success
of intercultural and international students at Viterbo University.
Works in cooperation with Student Life, Center for Student Success,
Academic Resource Center, Admissions, Study Abroad, department
chairs and deans. Coordinates with other areas throughout the
university as needed.--Reports to: Vice President for Student
- Serve as the first point of contact for international and other
intercultural students. Help connect students with targeted support
services such as the Academic Resource Center.
- Identify opportunities to improve recruitment and support of
intercultural students and work with partners across campus to
further those opportunities.
- Coordinate with advisors of student clubs to promote events and
initiatives, and identify areas for further programming.
- Lead programming efforts for intercultural students.
Programming could include, but is not limited to culturally related
trips, themed events on campus for intercultural or unique cultural
awareness, and educational awareness initiatives.
- Support dialogue and civil discourse through collaboration with
intercultural efforts on campus (including Identities Project) and
within the community.
- Collaborate with other La Crosse higher education institutions
on joint programming opportunities.
- Serve as initial point of contact for faculty and staff with
student concerns regarding international and intercultural
- Represent Student Affairs on the Diversity Committee.
- Meet with prospective students and/or present on intercultural
life at recruitment events.
- Lead international orientation and student programming, with
the support of the International Committee and Student Life.
- Conduct research, gather data and prepare reports regarding
intercultural student success and support.
- Ensure a practice of assessment and continuous
- Participate in national, regional and state associations or
conferences as appropriate.
- Be conversant in all academic programs at all academic
- Perform other duties as assigned.--Minimum Requirements:Minimum
of master's degree required. Minimum of three years of experience
in higher education supporting diverse students and training in
intercultural or multicultural settings.------About Viterbo
University: --Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal
arts institution located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has
been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. --The region
features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and
coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River,
world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to
major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.--To apply,
please complete online employment application form, upload cover
letter and resume to be considered.--Contact Information: Kayla
Berg, Human Resource Generalist, Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo
Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.--Viterbo University is an equal
opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of
historically underrepresented groups.
Keywords: Viterbo University, La Crosse , Director of International and Intercultural Student Success - La Crosse, Executive , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!