Coffee Shop Department Manager
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Coffee Shop Department Manager page is loaded Coffee Shop
Department Manager Apply locations La Crosse, 4200 State Road, La
Crosse, WI time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job
requisition id R73979 At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We
promise "a helpful smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only
come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to
supporting our customers and each other.Job Description:Job Title:
Coffee Shop Department ManagerDepartment: Coffee ShopFLSA:
Non-ExemptGeneral FunctionResponsible for setting the department
standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness,
sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
Coordinates the delivery of the freshest and best quality product
at a competitive retail price. Additionally, always maintaining a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient customer service to customers and team members.Core
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- ProfessionalismReporting RelationsAccountable and Reports to:
District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of;
Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food
Service DirectorPositions that Report to you: Coffee Shop
Department EmployeesPrimary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to
greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and
efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates
all department employees.
- Determines department goals with store director.
- Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work
plan for the department.
- Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of
merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
- Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
- Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to
actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
- Conducts inventory of the department.
- Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
- Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are
maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of
- Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance
- Ensures store appearance and equipment are maintained in a
- Completes and implements, successfully, from Advanced Store
- Maintains consistent speed of service to the customer by
ensuring all store-staffing requirements are met.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
- Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing
- Fills displays and works in the sales area.
- Unloads trucks, checks in delivered merchandise and places
product in appropriate storage area.
- Performs departmental duties as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence;
interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants;
follow technical manuals and have increased contact with
people.Education and ExperienceHigh school or equivalent experience
from on-the-job training and sanitation courses. Over one year of
related work experience.Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct
- Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others.
- Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates
personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new
- Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
- Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge,
and salary increases.Physical Requirements
- Must be physically able to exert up to 100 pounds of force
(shared team lifting) occasionally; exert up to 50 pounds of force
frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.Working ConditionsThis position is
frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There are
possible equipment movement hazards from a pallet jack, electrical
shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a
fast paced work environment.Equipment Used to Perform JobStandard
equipment used in a coffee shop environment, cash register, can
opener, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, scales, pop
machine, calculator, computer, RPM, steamer, fax, copier,
telephone.Financial ResponsibilityResponsible for company assets
including equipment and merchandise.ContactsHas daily contact with
customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public.
Occasional contact with local, federal or state regulatory agencies
regarding inspections.ConfidentialityHas access to confidential
information including, employee compensation, monthly results,
quarterly inventory reports, sales and profit sheets, and warehouse
pricing.Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, La Crosse , Coffee Shop Department Manager, Executive , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...