Company: Torrance Casting, Inc.
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Accounting Manager leads and directs all facets of the
company's accounting department and relevant systems and is
responsible for providing management with accurate financial
information and analysis needed to facilitate effective
decision-making and planning. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE
ACCOUNTING MANAGER This position has direct supervisory
responsibilities for Corporate Accountant/Administrator and
Accounting Assistant. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE
- Manage the accounting department and improve Torrance Casting's
operations through comprehensive accounting systems.
- Develop and maintain an Accounting Policies and Procedures
Manual that provides guidance and support to accounting department
personnel, other company personnel whose work impacts the functions
of the accounting department, and third parties responsible for
- Direct daily practices relative to the accounting system
including cash management, general ledger accounts, adjustments,
accounts receivables, and accounts payables.
- Ensure that accounting procedures, practices, and records are
in compliance with applicable regulations, laws, and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensure all accounting practices and processes are efficient and
effective; improve department operations in accordance with
accounting best practices.
- Balance the need for efficiency with internal controls
including segregation of duties.
- Fully utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to
accomplish accounting department functions and improve accuracy and
- Develop and implement a monthly budget for accounting
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of all financial
- Oversee the operation of the financial tracking system
including tracking of key performance metrics and facilitation of
- Implement financial strategies that are reactive to cash flow
and support the overall financial health of the company.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes and ensure that
monthly and annual financial statements with supporting schedules
are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze financial information, summarize financial status, and
highlight key findings.
- Produce error-free internal and external accounting reports and
- Review, approve and issue all required financial information
for management, banks, accounting firms, and other parties.
- Oversee tasks related to payroll, taxes, asset management, and
- Direct and monitor a system for payroll processing to ensure
timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with federal and state
regulations and guidelines.
- Oversee the payment of required federal, state, and local
corporate, payroll, and other taxes.
- Maintain and manage an accurate and up-to-date fixed assets
- Maintain and manage effective systems for counting, valuing,
and controlling inventories.
- Direct the performance of annual and periodic physical
inventory counts and audits. ?
- Maintain relationships with banks, accounting firms, insurance
companies, benefits providers, and external auditors.
- Participate in yearly financial reviews and/or audits and
investigate findings and recommendations.
- Ensure recordkeeping meets the requirements of auditors and
- Evaluate and address issues relevant to accounting control
systems, corporate insurance coverage, regulations and
recordkeeping compliance, and audits (internal and external).
- Lead corporate insurance annual renewal process and maintain
adequate insurance coverage.
- Participate in the review of employee benefit plans to assure
the provision of a comprehensive benefits package while maximizing
- Supervise staff.
- Evaluate and recommend to the President the adequate level of
staffing needed to complete the work required of the accounting
- Work with the President and Human Resources to recruit, select,
train, evaluate the performance of, and discipline the accounting
- Develop the accounting staff's skills and abilities so it may
all become highly proficient in accounting procedures and best
- Plan, assign, and review staff's work.
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is
required. Five to ten years of related work and management
experience required REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES OF
THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER Knowledge
- Accounting theories, principles, and practices including
accounting standards, records, government reporting requirements,
and reporting of financial data
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and accounting
applications and systems
- Relevant laws and government regulations
- Corporate taxation
- Corporate insurance
- Accounting in a manufacturing environment Skills
- People and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including active listening
- Numeric and mathematic skills
- Logic, reasoning, and analytical skills
- Computer software and hardware skills including ERPs and
accounting applications Abilities
- Honesty, integrity, and ethical work practices
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and
- Open to change and to considerable variety in the
- Ability to work with others and connect with others on the
- Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Ability to maintain composure even in difficult situations
- Establishing and achieving goals and exerting effort toward
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address
work-related issues and problems TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
will work regularly and be required to sit at a desk, use a
computer, talk, and hear using a telephone, and utilize a printer,
copier, and other office equipment. Filing is necessary and would
require the ability to lift files, open cabinets, bend, squat, and
stand on a step stool as necessary. They are frequently required to
use repetitive hand motion, handle, or feel; reach with hands bend
or move and lift to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. TYPICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT The employee typically works in an
office environment, however, as needed could find themselves in the
plant to observe or evaluate production. The noise level in the
work environment varies from quiet in office areas to very loud in
the manufacturing environment. Employees may encounter frequent
interruptions throughout the workday. TYPICAL PROTECTIVE
CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT Safety glasses and hearing protection are
provided and necessary for any work conducted in the plant.
Torrance Casting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Torrance Casting, Inc., La Crosse , ACCOUNTING MANAGER, Executive , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!