Project Controls Manager
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 2, 2022
Job DetailsDescriptionMetroNet has an immediate opening for an
energetic; customer focused Project Controls Manager!At MetroNet,
we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined
with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing
telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology.
MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet
services that provide our customers with some of the fastest
internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best
Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to
revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer
experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.We're
looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and
help us create what's next!What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Cell phone allowance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphereJob Summary:Reporting to
the Vice President of Construction, the Controls Manager is
responsible for drafting, managing, and maintaining project related
contracts, creating and maintaining the project schedule,
material/equipment/service bidding and procurement, monitoring the
financial health of the project and developing reporting structures
and reports to the Vice President of Construction, Sr. Company
Management and the Customer.What you will be doing:
- Prepare, distribute, and evaluate project related
- Develop and draft scopes of work in conjunction with other
- Administration of subcontracts and subcontractor agreements,
which includes, but is not limited to, subcontractor bid review and
selection, monitory and providing direction in accordance with the
- Contract compliance management/assurance.
- Maintain and manage Contractor and Professional Engineering
- Monitor and maintain daily production reports and update the
project schedules and reports accordingly.
- Monitor the progression of the projects as it relates to the
- Utilize job cost accounting techniques; create project budgets,
monitor actual results, and report project results.
- Complete and submit required reports, which include, but are
not limited to, financial forecasts, project schedule updates, and
project progress reports.
- Secure and protect company resources.
- Assume leadership role within the Project team.
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the Vice President of
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective
- Represent Metronet professionally and ethically while
performing daily tasks.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the
phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance,
punctuality, and personal appearance according to Metronet
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary
for the effective performance of the role and those of direct
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.What You Need For
- A BS/BA degree in construction management, civil or electrical
engineering preferred but not required.
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Extensive experience project-related material and services
- Four or more years of telecommunications construction
experience or an acceptable equivalent required.
- Familiarity with project management tools and applications,
telecommunications engineering and construction methodologiesIf you
have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by
ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals,
please apply today!MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: MetroNet, La Crosse , Project Controls Manager, Executive , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!