Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary :
This Lead Engineer is responsible for all aspects of equipment
design for Commercial HVAC scroll and screw chiller products. This
includes, but is not limited to design creation, change management
during development, design for manufacturability, product cost,
performance, quality, reliability, and delivery of design
deliverables to schedule. Depending on project, the Lead Engineer
will either own or collaborate with the Program Management Office
to create and maintain the development schedule, plan and manage
the workload of the design team. Additionally, the Lead Engineer
will contribute to projects as an SME in their specialty. The Lead
Engineer may also have the responsibility to define and approve
engineering work content that maybe assigned to other functional
resource groups such as the Ingersoll Rand Engineering Technology
Centers, Compressor Engineering, Thermal Systems Engineering,
Controls Engineering, etc.
To be successful, this Lead Engineer will need to collaborate
closely with Scroll and Screw Chiller Engineering teams located in
Pueblo, CO and La Crosse, WI along with support organizations
located in Shanghai, China and Bangalore, India. Together, these
teams collaborate to deliver significant modifications to existing
product lines, development of new product lines and value
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Defining, planning, and approving the engineering activities of
the engineering team. This includes defining and approving work
content that may be assigned to other functional resource
- Design of mechanical sub-systems with a focus on part re-use
within a modular architecture for scroll and screw chiller designs.
This includes heat exchangers, compressors, controls, electrical
design, general assembly, and any other required subsystems.
- Able to provide direction to SME resources in structural and
thermal analysis, as well as interpret the results to draw
conclusions to provide project/product direction.
- Specification, selection, and qualification of all purchased
components/assemblies or internally supplied components. Supports
PPAP needs as required including release to support PPAP
- Responsible for management and approval of changes to the
design throughout the design process from concept generation
through release of all design deliverables.
- Follow accepted design and review practices including DFMEA,
DVP&R, design reviews utilizing subject matter experts, and
others as specified in Ingersoll Rand's Product Development
- Incorporate DFM features to support efficient processes that
are aligned with the manufacturing processes.
- Compliance to agreed-upon marketing requirements. This includes
but is not limited to performance requirements, cost goals,
schedule, and other product feature sets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team and Program Management
Office to coordinate NPD activities for successful product launch
at manufacturing facilities.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams for the support
sustaining, quality improvement, and VA/VE engineering
- Both domestic and international travel will be required.
Estimated travel time is 10-15%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and
at least 7 years of experience in product design is required.
- Master's Degree is a plus (but not required).
- Able to function as both a project leader, providing direction
to the cross-functional product engineering team, and as a
contributor delivering on select design elements for the
- Mechanical design of systems, sub-systems, and their associated
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to
communicate up, down, and across the enterprise organization.
- Experience with thermal and mechanical engineering
- Familiarity with PLM and CAD
- Experience with project management software.
- Contribute to a winning culture by demonstrating high personal
energy and a sense of urgency - while maintaining high integrity
and ethical actions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse , Lead Engineer, Engineering , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!