Power Electronics Engineer II
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At -and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.This Power Electronics Engineer -performs power
electronic hardware design, thermal management, algorithm
development, application of power electronic components into HVAC
applications, existing product improvements, supplier product
evaluations and product continuation. - This work may require
product validation testing, ensuring agency approvals and utilizing
tools such as Simulink and MATLAB to model component function and
performance.CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
- Apply variable speed drives to HVAC equipment, especially
compressors and fans.
- Interface chiller level controls and safety features to the
- Optimize VFD cooling for product specific needs.
- Analyze motor-drive compatibility and tune the electrical
system for optimal performance.
- Write specifications for electrical components in the
- Conduct qualification testing of the motor-drive system.
- Provide lifecycle support of the product, including field and
factory problem resolution.
- Work as part of multi-functional development team to meet
overall program goals.MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 2
years of work experience on variable speed drives is required.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering is
preferred.ESSENTIAL SKILLS or KNOWLEDGE:
- Detailed knowledge of power conversion hardware.
- Detailed knowledge of motor-drive compatibility &
- Good Understanding of variable speed motor controls & PWM.
- Proficiency sizing electrical components.
- Understanding of agency regulations, especially UL and CE.
- HVAC equipment /system knowledge a plus.
- Systems integration / engineering knowledge a plus.Annual
Compensation Range is $58,000 to $123,000 annually. - Disclaimer: -
This salary range is based on US national averages. - Actual pay
could be a result of seniority/experience level, merit and
geographic location where the actual work is performed.We offer
competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Power Electronics Engineer II, Engineering , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!