Power Electronics Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including
Trane - and Thermo King -, we create innovative climate solutions
for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's
possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look
at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We
believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our
people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This Power Electronics Engineer is responsible for integrating
variable speed drives into Trane Commercial HVAC equipment.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Qualify VFDs for use in Trane Commercial Systems'
- Apply variable speed drives to HVAC equipment, especially
compressors and fans.
- Interface chiller level controls and safety features to the
- Optimize VFD cooling for product specific needs.
- Analyze motor-drive compatibility and tune the electrical
system for optimal performance.
- Write specifications for electrical components in the
- Conduct qualification testing of the motor-drive system.
- Provide lifecycle support of the product, including field and
factory problem resolution.
- Work as part of multi-functional development team to meet
overall program goals.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Focus on Power Electronics and Control Systems is
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Detailed knowledge of power conversion hardware.
- Detailed knowledge of motor-drive compatibility &
- Good Understanding of variable speed motor controls & PWM.
- Proficiency sizing electrical components.
- Understanding of agency regulations, especially UL and CE.
- HVAC equipment /system knowledge a plus.
- Systems integration / engineering knowledge a plus.
- Aptitude to quickly learn any of the items listed above
Annual Compensation Range is $72,000 to $110,000. Disclaimer: This
salary range is based on US national averages. Actual pay could be
a result of seniority/experience level, merit and geographic
location where the actual work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Power Electronics Engineer, Engineering , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!