Design Engineering Team Leader
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job Summary:As the Team Leader of -a Chiller
Design Team, this role -is responsible for all aspects of equipment
design including design creation, change management during
development, design for manufacturability, product cost,
performance, quality, reliability, delivery of design deliverables
to schedule, etc. - In addition, the Chiller Product Design Leader
creates and maintains the development schedule, plans, and manages
the workload of the design team and defines and approves work
content that may be assigned to other functional resource groups
such as the Trane Technologies Engineering Technology Centers,
Networks of Excellence, Compressor Engineering, Thermal Systems
Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.Core Job Responsibilities
(others may be added): -
- Responsible for all aspects of chiller equipment design
including heat exchangers, compressors, controls, electrical
design, general assembly, and any other required subsystems.
- Responsible for specification, selection, and qualification of
all purchased components and assemblies, or internally supplied
components. - Supports PPAP needs as required including release to
support PPAP timing.
- Responsible for management and approval of changes to the
design throughout the design process from concept generation
through release of all design deliverables.
- Responsible for following accepted design and review practices
including DFMEA, DVP&R, design reviews utilizing subject matter
experts, and others as specified in Trane Technologies Product
- Responsible for ensuring the design meets DFM
- Responsible for ensuring the design is capable of meeting
agreed-to reliability and quality requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the design meets agreed-to performance
- Responsible for generating cost targets and estimates for the
design, and for ensuring the design meets the agreed-to cost
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of all required
- Responsible for planning and maintaining the development
schedule and for delivering design deliverables according to the
- Responsible for defining, planning, and approving the work
activities of the design team. - This includes defining and
approving work content that may be assigned to other functional
resource groups such as Trane Technologies Engineering Technology
Centers, Networks of Excellence, Compressor Engineering, Thermal
Systems, Controls Engineering, etc.
- The Chiller Product Design Leader will function as the lead
engineer for their product by acting to ensure due diligence is
applied throughout the design process through coaching, mentoring
and oversight of the design team. - An example of due diligence in
design would be making sure meaningful design reviews are conducted
which include outside SMEs rather than just internal team
- 10-15% travel (including international) -may be
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering -and at least -5 years of
experience in product development is required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Project management experience or PMI certification is
- Must be an effective team player with the ability to work with
cross-functional or global groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing and testing HVAC equipment and/or
sub-systems (compressors, heat exchangers, controls, motors, and
- Familiarity with PLM, CAD, and 1D Mechatronic System simulation
- Experience using project management software such as Microsoft
Project is desired.
- Design for Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a
plus.We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, La Crosse , Design Engineering Team Leader, Engineering , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!