Instructor - Health Information Technology
Company: Western Technical College
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: January 23, 2023
$57,073.00 - $75,622.00 Annually
400 Seventh Street North La Crosse, WI
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers
Region Western and is committed to providing a safe and respectful
workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who
are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving
students, and committed to the principles of equity and social
justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our
student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and
enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the
intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to
counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have
had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a
motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching,
learning, social justice and equity, please consider this
employment opportunity at Western.
Instructors are responsible for preparing and providing quality
curriculum, instruction, and assessment that leads to student
success. Recognizing the diverse backgrounds of students,
instructors foster student growth and prepare them for success in
the workplace and/or a pathway to further education. This position
works to promote social justice within the division and the larger
Instruction will be in a face-to-face and online format starting in
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence,
Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity,
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions Include:
- Prepares coherent lesson plans which align with competency
based learning and reflect knowledge of subject matter and the
students in the course.
- Delivers course via multiple modes of delivery.
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction so that all students
can engage with the content in a rigorous and thought-provoking
- Assists all students in learning content knowledge in support
of the College SuccessAbilities.
- Understands and incorporates a variety of teaching methods,
assessments, and technologies that align with class objectives,
course competencies, and program outcomes.
- Uses a variety of formative assessments to gauge student
learning, adjust instruction, and provide timely feedback to
- Incorporates performance-based assessment strategies and other
forms of summative assessments.
- Collaborates with other programs, faculty, and teams to support
- Collaborates with all students and Western staff to retain
students and assist them in being successful.3. Classroom
Management - Supporting Actions Include:
- Uses student feedback and other data for continuous
- Is accessible, available, and responsive to support a safe,
positive learning environment.
- Understands and conveys the student code of conduct.
- Supports student success through referrals to appropriate
- Defines and utilizes clear classroom policies and procedures
that supports a positive learning environment and academic risk
- Maintains labs, classrooms, and clinical spaces for safety,
functionality, and sustainability.
4. Professional and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions
- Develops and continually revises curriculum that reflects
diverse perspectives, SuccessAbilities and technical content to
meet industry or regulatory standards.
- Engages in reflective practice.
- Participates in ongoing development to continually refine
teaching methods through College trainings and professional
- Models the College Values of Learning, Excellence,
Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Integrity, Teamwork,
- Implements the Core Values with the end result of student
- Actively participates in College initiatives and work groups
(e.g. hiring committees, learning teams, etc.)
- Works collaboratively within program/department to support
orientation, registration, advising, mentoring, recruiting, and
- Maintains necessary credentials and professional development in
accordance with Higher Learning Commission, WTCS Faculty Quality
Assurance System, other program accreditation or individual
occupational licensures and state and federal law.
- Develops ongoing partnerships with students, coworkers,
supervisors and the community.
- Uses College systems to maintain class records and develop
- Uses data to measure quality outcomes related to student
success and design improvement strategies as appropriate to
maintain program/department integrity.
- Creates and conducts assessments to measure previous learning
for the required application of credit for prior learning.
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for
maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential
functions of the position as defined by the department.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the
college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional
duties to foster this success.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Two years (4,000 hours) verifiable related occupational
experience with at least one year (2,000 hours) in the last five
- RHIA/RHIT Certification required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Master's degree in related field preferred
Eligible for/or meets WTCS Faculty
Quality Assurance System requirements.Individual program
certification may be required and must be maintained (eg RN, public
Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Associate Dean - Health and Public Safety
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience:
$57,073 - $75,622 This position would include competitive salary,
excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee
Wellness Programs and more
Applicant review will begin: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 8am Start
Date of: Fall 2023 with a Fall/Spring Contract Copies of
Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are
acceptable during the application process (originals will be
required upon hire) Western is accredited by the Higher Learning
Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality
education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that
changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is
committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section
504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and
employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will
receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation
will be provided in the job application process to enable a
qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered
for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to
request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance
Officer at (608)785-9274.
Keywords: Western Technical College, La Crosse , Instructor - Health Information Technology, Education / Teaching , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!