Business to Business Marketing Copywriter
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Join a team of energetic, passionate people creating breakthrough
solutions that innovate the packaging industry. Where motivation is
rewarded, and professional goals are exceeded.
We are a growing, family-owned company with three US locations. We
collaborate with some of the biggest consumer brands including
MillerCoors, Kraft, Purina, New Belgium, Arizona Beverages and
Nestle. You can see our labels and packaging on store shelves
across North America.
Be a part of our family tradition of expertise, creativity and
drive to produce great packaging.
We power great packaging. You power us.
The B2B Marketing Copywriter is primarily responsible for the
development of key B2B marketing content that is vital to Inland's
growth. This position will be responsible for a variety of content
needs including creating and refining website copy, creating blog
posts, landing pages, case studies, social media postings and more.
This role requires technical proficiency with WordPress, an
advanced understanding of SEO and integrating results measurement
into our marketing strategy. The ideal candidate must be a
proficient writer and editor for all media, capable of producing
high-quality content and be passionate, driven and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This list of essential
functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as
- Writes, edits, and reviews external communications for media,
promotional/marketing efforts in print and electronic formats
- Researches and develops ideas for thought leadership
communications, including educational papers, seminar topics,
webinars, ebooks and other material
- Website content development, posting and refinement
- Manages SEO and SEM
- Works closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure content aligns
with Inland's overall Sales and growth strategy
- Tracks content performance across multiple channels and reports
and communicates key learnings
- Conceives, drafts, proofreads, and edits written materials
- Manages multiple projects effectively and meets tight
- Understands and communicates technical subjects in a clear,
concise, and engaging manner
- Optimizes content based on Inland's SEO strategy with
compelling headlines and calls-to-action
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for content reuse
- Understands and applies audience insights, messaging and
competitive information to help shape content strategies
- Accountable for the accuracy and quality control of
- Develops relationships with SME's, both internal and external,
to support content development
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with sound
judgement related to the representation of the Inland brand.
- Continuous Learning
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating
and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained
knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their
- Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group
achieve its goals.
- Gaining other people's trust by demonstrating openness and
honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with
moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines.
Essential skills and experience:
- Associates Degree in Communications, English, Marketing,
Journalism or other related field
- Exceptional writing and editing skills - both creative and
technical - that requires little to no editing, with the ability to
adopt the style, tone and voice based on need
- Previous B2B marketing writing experience
- Firm understanding of SEO best practices, content
categorization, and distribution
- Ability to translate general market themes and direction into
- Versatile research skills and enthusiasm for learning about new
- Basic HTML coding ability and proficiency in WordPress
- Comfortable working independently, can take initiative and be a
team player willing to take direction
- Self-educates by reading, attending webinars and other
trainings to keep up with latest trends
- Receptive to constructive criticism
- Proficient in all Microsoft office and basic computing
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Pardot.com - Marketing Automation
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing
environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple
project assignments. Works with a variety of people including
vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.
Required Work Schedule:
Part time position, working on average twenty (20) hours per week.
Working hours are typically during standard business days and
hours. Must be flexible to attend meetings, functions, and to be
available during off hours, weekends, and holidays to meet
Generally sedentary; 20/40 vision acuity.
Keywords: Inland, La Crosse , Business to Business Marketing Copywriter, Advertising , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!