Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 29, 2018
Join a team of energetic, passionate people creating breakthrough solutions that innovate the packaging industry. Where motivation is rewarded, and professional goals are exceeded.We are a growing, family-owned company with three US locations. We collaborate with some of the biggest consumer brands including MillerCoors, Kraft, Purina, New Belgium, Arizona Beverages and Nestle. You can see our labels and packaging on store shelves across North America.Be a part of our family tradition of expertise, creativity and drive to produce great packaging.
We power great packaging. You power us.
Job Summary: The Accounting Intern is responsible for performing accounting related functions within the Accounting department that support the daily financial operations at Inland. This position will work with various internal and external customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service, to assist in meeting Accounting department goals and objectives. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Assists Accounting Manager and Accounting team with daily duties that may Include but not be limited to:
- Process account payables, including recording of invoices due
- Check disbursement, vendor records and p-card activities
- Cash application
- Customer invoicing
- Track receivables and collection calls
- Assists Accounting Manager with month-end closing process, including journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and monthly reporting package and analysis.
- Assist with monthly credit card reconciliation process, including the training of employees on reporting software and troubleshooting issues with end users as they arise.
- Prepares various accounting spreadsheets, reconciliations and analysis as needed.
- May perform/assist department with other accounting activities, clerical activities and/or assist on projects as needed.
- Maintains tax exemption certificates and Non-disclosure Agreements Essential skills and experience:
- Must be enrolled in Accounting, Finance or other related Associate or Bachelor degree program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Enrolled in an advanced degree program in Business, Accounting or other related field Work Environment:
- Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments
- Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, regulatory agencies, employees, team members, and managers
Required Work Schedule:
- Typically works part time hours during standard business hours
- Must be flexible for meetings and responsibilities outside of standard business hours, including weekends Physical Requirements:
- Generally sedentary
- 20/40 corrected vision
- No unusual physical requirements are necessary
Keywords: Inland, La Crosse , Accounting Intern, Accounting, Auditing , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!