Company: Referral Staffing Solutions
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Staff AccountantAre you interested in joining a dynamic team of
Accounting Professionals to grow your accounting skillset and learn
about the multiple various functions in that department? Our
client, the 2nd largest food distributor in the USA, is ready to
add a Staff Accountant to their team in La Crosse, WI. The Staff
Accountant will be a member of our Accounting and Finance
department and will be exposed to all aspects of the business
through the rotational program. The rotational program offers
experiential learning and mentorship opportunities with the
ultimate goal of development within the company. This position will
also provide an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and grow
within the organization.Staff Accountant - Duties and
Requirements:Duties/Responsibilities:Responsible for assisting with
daily and monthly finance/accounting activities. This may include
the functions listed below in the following departments:
- General Ledger Department
- Prepare and assist with journal entry processing,
reconciliation, and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Assists with external and internal audit requests as
- Assist with month/year-end processes.
- Financial Planning and Analysis Department
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding the company s street
pricing tools, business intelligence tools, and contract pricing
- Review monthly financial statements.
- Prepare year-end budgets for various departments.
- Review and analyze customers, products, and routes to identify
potential profit areas.
- Creating action plans with divisional leadership, including the
Division President, Director of Sales, Procurement, and Operations,
to eliminate margin erosion.
- Accurate and timely analysis of margin trends.
- Credit Department
- Ensure efficient collection of outstanding Accounts
- Assist in the due diligence process relevant to credit
approvals on new and existing customers.
- Timely and efficient collection in accordance with established
company policy and procedures to reduce loss exposure.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.Staff Accountant Education
- BS in Accounting or Finance with a required minimum GPA of
- 0-4 years of experience
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact
with customers and internal staff.
- Must present a highly professional image and attitude.
- Highly organized, detail orientated, and capable of
- Self-motivated individual with great initiative and ability to
- Strong work ethic and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Staff Accountant - Benefits through our client, after being
- Competitive Wages + Incentive
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401 K Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holiday PayReferral Staffing Solutions is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug and alcohol-free
workplace. Reliable transportation and good attendance are
required.** Other job titles for this position include: Accounting
Assistant, Accountant, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, and
Keywords: Referral Staffing Solutions, La Crosse , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!